Birds & Animals from our USA travels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a peacock at the Corpus Christi KOA (which is no longer a KOA I think). I tell ya, you know you got a good shine on that chrome bumper when the peacock thinks that's another one intruding on his territory!

100_0424 (Large).jpeg

Salt Lake City, UT

Antelope Island is a game preserve out in the Great Salt Lake, accessibly via a causeway. It’s sort of a drive through affair and all of the roads are well paved. There is a wonderful camp store high atop a tall knoll where one can take paramecia views of much of the island. The island has a large population of bison and some stables.

Attachments

• 1 Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .jpg
    1 Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 1a Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    1a Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1b Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT (7).JPG
    1b Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT (7).JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1c Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    1c Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1d Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    1d Antelope Island State Park - Salt Lake City, UT .JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 3
San Simeon, CA

We found these Seals basking in the sun at a small beach just off CA costal highway #1, not far from the Hurst Castle.

1665252142369.jpeg

When traveling full time, we visited all interesting places within traveling range of our parking site. That’s how we got to Joshua Tree NP. There are a number of camp sites in the park. However, they are small and mostly for dry camping. However, there are a few sites that will hold a 35’ MH or trailer.

Our trip there was a drive-through. We entered at a western entrance and exited at a eastern entrance. We stopped a few times and walked around and took pictures. During one our stops I found this lizard out on open ground. For his safety, I chased him into some cover, and he disappeared. 6 Joshua Tree NP March - .JPG6a Joshua Tree NP March - .JPG6b Joshua Tree NP March - .JPG6c Joshua Tree NP March - .JPG

Anhinga

The anhinga is a large water bird often seen in the southern states. The Anhinga does not have waterproof feathers and will perch on low tree limbs or hop up on banks as this one did in the picture. They do so to dry-out before flight. In many places around Florida waters, they are better known as “Snake Birds”.

This picture was taken by me at the Cedar River, Jacksonville, FL.

Anhinga - ALP-137 .jpg

Rocky Mountain bull moose.

Attachments

• 67B79905-4407-43F0-975D-0AD2C33E7624.jpeg
    67B79905-4407-43F0-975D-0AD2C33E7624.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker