Black Marks on Coach above Steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlazar

I have black marks on my coach immediately below the door entry and above the top step.  They look similar to the black marks you get on a floor from black soles.  I have tried several items to remove the marks with no success.  I would appreciate any suggestions on what to use. 

My coach is gel coat fiberglass but there is a strip about 4 inches high and the width of the door/steps that is on the body between the bottom of the door and the steps.  It looks like it might be the 3M product that is on the front of the coach.  I have tried bug remover, scrubbing with soap and water, bounce sheets, simple green, etc.  Have not tried anything real abrasive.  I also have some black marks on the bottom most part of the front (again 3M).  I have not had luck removing them either.  When marks get in the 3M product are they hard to remove?  I have used Bug Off and Bounce on bug spots on the front with great success.  The surface of the material where these marks are is smooth with no breaks.

Our coach had the same thing. We found the shoe marks had been on their before the factory installed the plastic guard or whatever it is called. We pulled off the clear plastic, then used Gel Gloss to get it off.

Just pulling off the clear plastic protective film can ruin the paint finish if it's not done slowly and properly.  There have been a number of previous discussions on this subject which you can locate by using the Search button above to the right of "Home".  Use 3M to get started.

ArdraF

We had the same issue on our rig and installed a piece of aluminum plate to the area using rivets.  Looks good and doesn't show any marks.  Might be a better solution than cleaning it on a regular basis. 

Thanks  Chuck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom