blowing out water lines for winterizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would leave the gray valve open until you are finished applying air pressure to get rid of any leftover water in the lines and have it drain out the gray valve then.....8. Remove the compressed air source and adapter. Close gray tank valve.
I don't think you want to apply air pressure to the lines with the gary valve closed when you close off all the faucets....would probably build up too much pressure in the lines.

You can't over-pressure the gray or black tanks. Both have a vent to the roof of the RV, and the gray can also vent back through the waste lines to the sink drains if pressure built up even a tiny bit.

Besides, you don't need to blow out the waste lines - just drain them and then pour a bit of antifreeze into the drain traps.

chef_tim said:
I just put a two way valve winterizing "kit" on my RV. It goes in between the tank and pump, in one position it allows water to be drawn from the tank. In the other position it draws antifreeze in through a hose. I just went from tap to tap and the toilet and shower until each of them ran pink for a few seconds.

This is my first experience winterizing an RV, so now I'm a little worried that I didn't do this correctly. Does it sound like I'm going to be okay with the technique I used???  Thanks, Tim

tim, I see no one addressed your question directly.
Yes, you did things correctly.  You may also want to locate any low point drains and open them long enough to drip pink as well. 

I assume you've drained the water heater and fresh water tanks already.

Does the air pressure also take care of the washer/dryer or does it take a special procedure? Do you turn it on, and put it on spin cycle so the water gets out of the lines and then put the pink antifreeze in the drum?

Gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom