Boondockers will love this, small genset/inverter and Air conditioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Essentially, applying the automotive hybrid concept to the generation of electricity.  The limit would seem to be the size of the battery bank necessary.
Art

yes, the victron inverters are quite amazing. I was about 2 weeks too late finding these... i had already purchased another brand when i found it. they are the only brand that does the "power boost" function. AS well, you can stack the units to give you more power or 250v operation. Anyone considering an inverter/charger should definately check these out - and prices are not too far off other brands

http://www.victronenergy.com/

While the Victron function is nice, it is hardly amazing. A built in charger and automatic generator start function is available of most high end inverters - my Xantrex does both, for example.  As near as I can make out, the generator is started based on battery voltage rather than some pre-programmed level of AC wattage demand.

The price on the full function Victron appears to be rather attractive, though. Might indeed be a great unit for an RV.

the thing that the victron units do than no other brand does is not start the gen on AC wattage demand, they 'top up' needed AC wattage that the generator or shore power cannot produce.

For example, a 2000 watt inverter may not be able to START som Air conditioner units, but it can run it once started. the Victron inverter will 'top up' the power requirements from the battery bank in order to start the air. once the peak power isn't required, the inverter shuts off and just runs off gen power.

this feature is also handy for travelers that get stuck with a 30 amp service and 2 a/c to run. although 30a is probably close to enough to run both air units, the startup requirements are higher and hence a tripped breaker. the multiplus inverters can 'top up' as much as needed (based on battery bank size and inverter output)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom