Bought 2013 Itasca Reyo T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We too are enjoying are Reyo T. Since one of us is still working we don't get out to often. Live in the Phoenix area. Did one weekend trip to Mormon Lake (outside Flagstaff) and another back to Milford State Park, KS.
The "T" drives great, plus we pulled my RAV 4 on a flat bed trailer. I did buy a Memory Foam topper at CostCo for the bed. Made all the difference in comfort. Just picked up our new Haulmark V-Nose Low Hauler for the motorcycles. Can't wait to take it on a trip! So easy to set up.
We downsized from a Raptor 36' Toy Hauler and 2500 Chevy DuraMax Diesel.  8) Surprised at the gas mileage to Kansas pulling the RAV4 and it's not even broken in yet (think we averaged around 13 mpg)

jlgale said:
We too are enjoying are Reyo T. Since one of us is still working we don't get out to often. Live in the Phoenix area. Did one weekend trip to Mormon Lake (outside Flagstaff) and another back to Milford State Park, KS.
The "T" drives great, plus we pulled my RAV 4 on a flat bed trailer. I did buy a Memory Foam topper at CostCo for the bed. Made all the difference in comfort. Just picked up our new Haulmark V-Nose Low Hauler for the motorcycles. Can't wait to take it on a trip! So easy to set up.
We downsized from a Raptor 36' Toy Hauler and 2500 Chevy DuraMax Diesel.  8) Surprised at the gas mileage to Kansas pulling the RAV4 and it's not even broken in yet (think we averaged around 13 mpg)

Aren't the Reyo's great? Have you joined a local chapter of the Winnebago Itasca (WIT) club? You'll meet some neat people, if our experience is any guide.

Oldedit, we really appreciated all of your posts and the responses by others.  Thanks!

My wife, Linda, and I bought a new 2014 Reyo T in August.  We have had it on two trips so far.  Both trips around 2,500 miles.  We live in southwest Florida and went up to the Smokies and North Carolina and then back trough the Georgia mountains and into Auburn, AL and tailgated at the University for two football games.  So we have stayed in many different campgrounds and also have "off the grid" time in the hayfields at Auburn.

We are really liking the Reyo, now that some initial issues were addressed.  We had a tire with a finishing screw in it from the dealers and had to have it replaced.  So I looked into TPMS systems, but realized that they put to much load on the rubber valve stems.  So I had the rubber stems replaced with the steel valve stems and can now monitor and easily adjust air pressures.  (This forum was very helpful to me in understanding those issues.)

I did put a burn on our brakes going down the mountains in the Smokies.  I was applying the brakes briefly to reduce speed, and then letting off to assist in cooling them.  But they got hot and smelly when we stopped at the bottom.  I believe it was mainly the front brakes that got to hot.  I will adjust my driving on all future trips.

We really like the amount of storage the Reyo has and travel with some compartments empty.  I am sure that we will fix that over time!  We really appreciate the thought that went into the different systems being cross wired.  The stereo/DVD/surround sound, TVs and antenna for example.  The GPS works very well and also has iPod, XM, radio, cell phone bluetooth, cameras (rear, left, right) integrated.  When I put on a turn signal, the display switches to a side camera, for example.

We are also boaters and are very used to cramped quarters.  So the Reyo seems very roomy to us so far.  We even take our showers in it.  The self cleaning shower curtain works well.  I am 6'4" and use all of the roof extender in the shower area.

We recently had our first toad configured.  So, on our second trip, we towed it with us to get used to it and test it out.  It is a Jeep Patriot with manual transmission.  The base plate install is barely noticeable.  On our way out, we constantly watched it in the rear view camera.  But by halfway through the trip we were watching the GPS maps as much.  Towing four down was very acceptable. 

So we are ready for a longer trip next summer.  We will be going up the east coast to the NY Adirondacks for a wedding and then on up into Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.  From there we want to get up into Canada.  One item on the Bucket List is to see a 50' tide in the Bay of Fundy.

alschuetz said:
I was applying the brakes briefly to reduce speed, and then letting off to assist in cooling them.  But they got hot and smelly when we stopped at the bottom.
Use the transmission to control your descent speed - descend in the same gear and speed that you climbed the grade.

We are also boaters and are very used to cramped quarters.
Us too - that helps!

My review of our 2013 Reyo (T) is the second post in this thread, if you're reading the oldest posts first instead of the newest ones. I've really enjoyed the comments on the thread. And it has been great fun meeting other Reyo and Via owners/ travelers on the road.

DW's journal of our 2013 trip to Alaska is here:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=64326.0

After driving about 2,500 miles on our first 2014 trip back to Iowa, Illinois and Michigan a couple of weeks ago, we're just over 17k miles and have averaged about 15.2 mpg, according to the odometer.

As noted below, we think the Reyo has been just right for our style of travel, which has us on the road much more often than not. As usual, on our latest trip, we did two or three eight-hour days. That's pretty easy in the Reyo because DW loves to drive our rig as much as I do. So we switch drivers every two hours or so.

And we've never felt the need for a toad because at 25 feet, the Reyo/Via is easy to park on most cities' streets and in any commercial parking lot.

Do I ever think about trading to a bigger unit? Yep. For about 60 seconds until I consider the hassles that come with bigger units and their lower mileage in the days of $4+ diesel prices.

We'll do 9k to 12k miles worth of traveling in three two- to four-week trips this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom