Brake pedal not ?returning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the things I found about CoahNet is they pre-authorize how long they feel it should take. So where the tow trucks that towed THIS RV hooked up quickly and without damage.  Well one tow Coach Net pre-paid 3 hours and By Crackey. He took 3 hours (2 just to hook up)  I could have done the hook up much faster having observed how it is done.

So...got a call from the RV shop owner. ?I?m  afraid Ihave bad news for you, we?ve done a thorough diagnosis of your brakes, and I?m sorry to have to tell you...everything is fine. We did have to work and lube the linkages, they were a bit sticky, but there?s zero indication of a failing booster or master cylinder. Pick it up Monday, cost will be just under $100.?  8)

When I spoke to him last week, he said there was almost zero chance it was just a lubrication issue. ?Too many spring related parts? he said...  ::)

Anyway...that's a great relief for our pocket...

BoomerD said:
So...got a call from the RV shop owner. ?I?m  afraid Ihave bad news for you, we?ve done a thorough diagnosis of your brakes, and I?m sorry to have to tell you...everything is fine. We did have to work and lube the linkages, they were a bit sticky, but there?s zero indication of a failing booster or master cylinder. Pick it up Monday, cost will be just under $100.?  8)

When I spoke to him last week, he said there was almost zero chance it was just a lubrication issue. ?Too many spring related parts? he said...  ::)

Anyway...that's a great relief for our pocket...

Geez that's tough luck I would play the lottery today
The place sounds honest give them a review at WWW. RVSERVICEREVIEWS.com

Picked up the Winnebago today. They adjusted the brake linkages, apparently some ?connector? was stiff and tight and wasn?t letting things movemfreely. Lubed everything that needed lubrication...total, out the door including WA sales tax...$92.  8)

I really wish I?d have known about this shop when I lost the brakes 2 years ago. Talking to the owner today, he said the job SHOULD have been no more than $2500...and probably less than $2000.  :( (I got hit for about $4000)  :eek:

BUT,  I can?t complain about the quality of the brake job...other than this little hiccup...which was probably caused by not using it...the coach stops better than it ever did.

BoomerD said:
Picked up the Winnebago today. They adjusted the brake linkages, apparently some ?connector? was stiff and tight and wasn?t letting things movemfreely. Lubed everything that needed lubrication...total, out the door including WA sales tax...$92.  8)

I really wish I?d have known about this shop when I lost the brakes 2 years ago. Talking to the owner today, he said the job SHOULD have been no more than $2500...and probably less than $2000.  :( (I got hit for about $4000)  :eek:

BUT,  I can?t complain about the quality of the brake job...other than this little hiccup...which was probably caused by not using it...the coach stops better than it ever did.

My fix for shops that over charge?

If I find myself in the position of doing a repair that I'm capable of doing myself but can't due to being on the road away from my complete set of tools I will always check the work afterwards with a fine tooth comb. If I find any issue/s that should not be present...

I immediately stop payment that was offered whether that be check/debit card and/or credit card. Immediately. They do not get a nickel.

Thus far I have only had to do that 1 time. Saved me roughly $600 bucks.

BoomerD said:
My roadside assistance will cover MOST of the tow to the repair shop...but I have to pay a slight "overage." There's an RV repair shop closer to me, but I called them last week...they don't do this kind of repairs...BUT, they're still an RV shop, so that's the default location per my RA coverage. 

BoomerD said:
If only...I wanted CoachNet 3 years ago when we got this rig. When I called, I was informed they weren?t licensed to sell insurance in the State of Washington...but if I had a friend or relative in a different state and could use THEIR address, I could have their coverage...

I declined.

If you can't get CoachNet, look at FMCA Roadside Rescue or Good Sam RV Roadside Assistance.  Their costs and benefits are similar, the big point being all of these plans offer unlimited distance towing to the nearest QUALIFIED service provider - i.e. one that is "capable and willing to repair your vehicle" (quote from Good Sam's Member Benefit brochure).  Not just the nearest RV service center.

That's the big difference between RV specific plans and those offered by generic insurers like State Farm.

FMCA's rates are less expensive, but you have to be an FMCA member which cancels out the savings. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom