Brand New Campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Speedy

Hello everyone. My wife and I  are brand new to the RV thing. We bought a 32 ft. motorhome that we plan to use at the University of Florida Gators football home games.

We are taking a week off in July and want to give this whole camping thing a test run. What are the campgrounds near Steinhatchee Florida. We would like to find something in that area that is quiet, woodsy, and perhaps a place were we can rent a canoe or of boat to do a little fishing. We live in Fort Myers Florida but we have family in the Tallahassee area that we would like to visit.

Any recommendations?   This will be our very first camping trip. We're both in our fifties.

Thank you

Welcome to the Forum. There are lots of friendly folks here who should be able to answer your questions. Congratulations on the new RV. I'm sure you'll have hours of fun in it.

Enjoy
Wendy

RVparkreviews lists a couple in Old Town that don't sound too far away.  The one they listed in Steinhatchee had a single poor review.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Rather than Steinhatchee, I would suggest Suwannee River Hideaway, just south of Old Town. It is a peaceful place such as you describe and owned & operated by a wonderful couple who will do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. It's on the Suwannee River but you will have to inquire about canoe rentals - I don't know if they have any or not. There is a marina not far away, though.

Suwannee River Hideaway

The Yellow Jacket Campground near there also looks nice but I've never stayed at it.  Yellow Jacket

Have you gotten your RV space at the lots for the UF games?
We go to all the UF home games and have a space in the RV lot, we arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday. Homecoming they allow you to come in on Thursday. IF you do not have a RV lot get on the wait list, the wait list is not as bad as what it use to be at least for another year or so. They have changed the rules which opened up spaces for people in the RV lots. Calll UF parking services. You must attend a minimum of 4 home games with your RV or you loose the space. Mind you it is dry camping no facitilities the lots are parking lots. Generators must have the veritical exhaust stack pipes. Hope to see you there. GO GATORS!
Since my daughter goes to Univ. Of Central FL and they now will have there own stadium on campus we also have an RV space for those games too. Not sure what all the rules will be as of yet but will know Aug.1st. Stadium still under construction but to be ready for Kick off 2007.

Colleen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom