Brand New RV mommy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turquoisegirl

Hi there!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Denise and my fiance and I just bought a little 2017 Gulf Stream Conquest yesterday! We've been dreaming and planning on this event since we first started dating almost 2 years ago. I've been lurking on this wonderful site for months, reading all the tips, tricks, advice, and experiences you guys have been posting. I'll be on much more now that I'm a new mommy to an RV! :D

Attachments

• newtrailer.jpg
    newtrailer.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 84
Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to THE RV FORUM.

We are pleased that you have joined us.  Welcome board!

Congratulations on your new RV. I hope you enjoy the lifestyle as much as we do. Be sure to ask questions if you have any. Welcome aboard!

Kev

Welcome Denise..  Kind of sounds like my Wife and I, We often talked about it, in fact we spent our Honeymoon in a Tent.. Yup, rained all weekend, we stayed dry :).

Found a product (Seal all) that will stop a leak in Canvas WHILE IT IS RAINING.. (pin hole leak).. Follow instructions for stopping active gas tank leak, they work.

A few years later (Perhaps 4-5) we got our first trailer.. a old and somewhat shop work PUP. used that for ... Well till about the time my Daughter grauated High School, then got a solid trailer (13'Scamp) then when my wife retired (i was already early retired) we towed that scamp up to General RV and drove a Class A home.. I'm sitting in it as I type.  alas, no wife no more (Deceased 4 years ago end of next month), Motor blown (Replacement due 1st of next month) but still in the Class A, save for the last few days of this month in a hotel while the Motor is replaced.. if it goes as planned.

Welcome Denise and fiance! And don't call your new Conquest "little". It might hear you!  ;)

Seriously, hope you guys have fun in your new TT. Happy trails to you and if we can help in any way, you know where to find us.

Awww, I'm really feeling the love here! Thank you all for making me feel welcome and for the giggles.

As for our first trip, we're heading to Stone Mountain in Georgia this weekend to break her (and us!) in. We are super excited!

Oh, and I actually was able to back in our trailer at it's storage space!! I couldn't believe I did it! It wasn't perfect, but it was one of the items on my list of obstacles to overcome with the trailer. We'd had a pretty rough first experience with backing up a rental trailer this past summer, and I developed a bit of fear of having to go through that again. But it went much more smoothly than I thought.

So happy to see so many kind responses. Keep em coming!

Find an empty parking lot and practice backing up there. Don't forget to put "obstacles" on the far side of the "driveway" that you will have to watch so you don't hit them with the corners of your truck. Start with everything fairly wide open to gain confidence, then move the obstacles closer in as you get better. Once you get to the point where it's nearly impossible to maneuver into your desired "spot", take some quick measurements, and you will have a good idea just where you can get into and out of. I've been into one particular spot with mine that I had to get the trailer close, unhook and reposition the truck, hook back up and finish. Remember, go slow, and keep in mind it's not a race.

kdbgoat said:
Find an empty parking lot and practice backing up there. Don't forget to put "obstacles" on the far side of the "driveway" that you will have to watch so you don't hit them with the corners of your truck. Start with everything fairly wide open to gain confidence, then move the obstacles closer in as you get better. Once you get to the point where it's nearly impossible to maneuver into your desired "spot", take some quick measurements, and you will have a good idea just where you can get into and out of. I've been into one particular spot with mine that I had to get the trailer close, unhook and reposition the truck, hook back up and finish. Remember, go slow, and keep in mind it's not a race.

Good points. Keep your cool and think things out. It really isn't a race! Experience is going to be your best teacher.
You should be fine. Some practice in an empty lot somewhere before you head to Stone Mountain is not bad advice. If time and schedule allows.

Any other questions, just post on the appropriate topic board and help is on the way.
Enjoy. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamiluu
Back
Top Bottom