Brand Newbie...Awning/Slide Out Not Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robmegrod5

Hello! We JUST bought our Forest River Travel Trailer and even when hooked up to our residence power the awning and the slideout won't work. My husband says the battery is fully charged (overnight) and we checked all of the fuses and everything is fine. The microwave is working so I think that confirms the residence power is being pumped in.

We can't figure out what's going on?? Any ideas? 

you say you just bought it? is it new or used? and is it only the slide not working or other things as well? check all the fuses?

check the wiring to the slide out motor, and check and see if anything is obstructing the slide from moving.
Good luck with solving this issue
Howard

The awning and slide work off of 12 volt dc. You first need to check all fuses. I have seen some that looked good, but were bad so I check them with a multimeter on the resistance or "ohm" scale . Reading of 0 (or close to 0) means it's good very high or infinity reading means fuse is bad. Most slides require so much power that you should be plugged into shore power or be hooked up to the tow vehicle. If fuses test good, it's time to start tracing wires and verifying voltages as you go.If it's  from a dealer and there is any warranty at all, I would be calling the dealer.

First step, verify that the main dc power switch is on! Often located by the door. This switch must be on to charge or operate kost 12V devices

Ernie

If the unit has a remote control try with the transmitter.  My controller failed allowing the remote to work but not work with the hard wired switches.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueupnorth
Back
Top Bottom