Breaking free of the system!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karmabytz

Hi all,

I'm a 30 yr old female in So Cal about to start living in my new '89 Winnebago Warrior 26' RV.  My two cats will be joining me.  It will be interesting to say the least.  I've moved 19 times in the last 12 yrs so I figure the gypsy lifestyle makes more sense if you're on wheels.  As rent stays high despite so many vacant apartments here in LA, I figure why not own my own home?  I'm working to decorate the inside in a Moroccan theme.  It will look so awesome when it's finished!  I'll be sure to post pics when it's ready. 

Glad to meet experienced RV'ers here.  I'm sure I will have many questions. 

Happy trails,
Margot

Hi Margot - I broke free of the system 8 years ago and I could never go back to living in a stick and brick. I lived in Ventura County for many years but being on the road is so much nicer. Here is a web site that might help you, it is called Overnight RV Parking and for under $20 per year it gives you access to a database of over 5000 places to stay overnight for free.

Enjoy your new digs, Margot.  If you plan to go on the road, you should have a great time. 

However, as an old Angele?o myself, let me caution you about trying to camp on the streets in the LA area, it is illegal in many of the cities, and very iffy anywhere from a security standpoint.  There are a number of commercial campgrounds in the Valley and in the San Gabriel Valley that have monthly rates -- Look them up in Trailer Life or Woodalls campground directories.

@Seilerbird: Thanks for the website referrals!  The overnightrvparking site says we both get a month free if I tell them your email address.  I'm interested in signing up so if you want, I'll enter that when I set up my acct.  Let me know.  =)

Thank you Karmabytes, that would be nice. I have gotten a lot of free weeks from them for reporting new sites and updating old sites. I have been a member for several years and it is a really cool place. The data base is surprisingly up to date. seilerbird at gmail dot com.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom