Brewer's Yuma House Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron  I certainly would, but as a computer operator, I make a darn good ditch digger.  It took me 3 times to get it the Betty and to Smoky. And still not sure they've recieved it.  Guess I'm just dummer than a box of chipped marbles.  I marvel at you people that have that knowledge to use these things, but 5 yr ago I was embarressed by my 7 yr old grandson when he was using a computer and I didn't know how to turn the blamed thing on.  I haven't progressed much since then.  Guess I better order a bigger box of marbles. Maybe Betty or Smokey will post it should they ever recieve it.  The Story is I left my wife in Amirillo.    TRUE  Mistake is I went back to get her.  Told you I was a dummy.

Ned said:
Oh good, we'll be in Yuma by then.? It's looking good, how did you get Yuma time speeded up so much?

Ned,
Since we had hoped the house might be completed by April, I'd say "Yuma time" definitions are still intact. There are 2 ways to react to the delays 1..get upset...2. Deal with it and  be happy that you can undertake such a big deal as home construction.  We are happy but will not put our life on hold  to watch  it being completed.

Life is short.  We head North on Thursday despite beautiful warm days and warm nights.  I'm just starting to not require a sweater in the evenings. 
Betty

Hi Betty & Terry,
House is really starting to look great.

If you really want to know about "Yuma Time", on March 1st I ordered 300 bricks thinking I should get them before we left on April 1st. To this date they still say they will be delivered "tomorrow" as they have said every week since march 1st.  Oh well, I guess they might be there by the time we return in November.

See you at the open hose in November<G>.

Jerry

Betty,

You have it right.  Will Terry get his wires pulled before you leave?  Then you can join us here in cool nights and warm days Utah.  Last night was the first night in several weeks that the heat pump didn't come on.  It's 50F outside right now at 0700 with highs in the 70s today.  It was over 80 yesterday here in Hanksville.  Today we head for Blanding until Friday and Moab.  See you soon.

Ned said:
? Will Terry get his wires pulled before you leave??

Ned,
Does not look like the wiring will be installed before we leave BUT Terry has had 2 meetings with the electricians and made color coded star charts  and notes all over the wiring diagrams. He has magic markered the walls where his control units should be placed.  George will "oversee" the wiring when it happens.  All we can do is cross our fingers.  They seem very willing to do what he wants.  I have taken digital pictures and printed them out and stapled them to walls so the guys know what I had pictured for the  details.

Best thing to do now will be to leave and  let them do their job in peace.  I've done all I can do to finalize up details.

Betty

Terry & Betty,

Having seem the models, I know that's going to be a beautiful house when it's finished. The roof photo shows you'll have great views too.

You know, that once you leave Yuma all work is likely to stop :)  Unless George stays on their case.  I would ask George to take progress photos for you so you can see it's being done correctly.

Chet

>> What I was wondering is how will the snow slide off in the winter<<

SNOW...What's that.<G>

Terry A. Brewer said:
Chet

>> What I was wondering is how will the snow slide off in the winter<<

SNOW...What's that.<G>

We'll make a run up into the LaSalles and show you exactly what SNOW is.

Terry,

>SNOW...What's that.

The three years I lived in El Centro, a friend from Boston and I saw snow fluries once. So, as healthy as you two are, you might have twenty years in Yuma during the winter to see the same. [VBG]

Terry & Betty:

House is looking great.

If the housewarming is before or after we head for Hawaii for Christmas we would love to be there!

Here are a couple of pics of the construction of the entertainment center & Pam trying out the bath-tub.<G>

Photos courtesy of George Vanlucene.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0006 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0006 (Small).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0008 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0008 (Small).JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 90
Terry! This is terrible! You left no access to the valuable storage space under the fireplace.

Russ

>>Terry! This is terrible! You left no access to the valuable storage space under the fireplace.<<

That space is not for a fireplace...It's for the big screen TV. There is a 2 1/2 conduit  underneath to the equip room that will be accessed by a plumbing access panel. Three surround speakers will be built in the space under the TV.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Russ:

That space is not for a fireplace...It's for the big screen TV. There is a 2 1/2 conduit  underneath to the equip room that will be accessed by a plumbing access panel. Three surround speakers will be built in the space under the TV.

Terry:

Aha, just the bare neccessities! ;D ;D

Here are the latest construction pics courtesy of George VanLucene.

The plumbing & half the electrical is in, insulation going on & roofing in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0002 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0002 (Medium).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0004 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0004 (Medium).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom