broken kitchen window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike1245

I found the small kitcken in my 26ft sightseer broken this morning. Looks like a small rock hit it. I haven't contacted my insurance. Just wanted to know if these windows needed to come from winnebago. On another note. Just finished restoring the finish on this 7 yr old coach,using the methods discribed in this fourm. Using barkeepers friend and white 3m pads then three coats of Zap high traffic.  REMARKABLE what a difference it makes, it my not be showroom new but sure looks nice.
Mike

Mike - the windows were made by Attwood but they aren't producing them any longer.  The replacements are made by SiGee (or something like that) and I think replacements need to come from a Winnebago dealer.  It might be possible to have the glass replaced so I would investigate that route first.

Winnebago is able to order replacements from Attwood which is a change from a few years ago.  However my guy said that Attwood can't build enough windows to meet Winnebago's production demand so that's why they aren't used on new units.

I had a rear window panel broken on my old American Eagle.  I checked with Fleetwood and it was going to cost a fortune, seems like close to $400 to get it.  I assume they had to have it made.

An RV place referred me to a glass guy that sometimes made panels for motorhomes and he agreed to get me one made.  It is tempered glass but the edges aren't as smooth and rounded but it was under $100 installed so guess where I went.  He said that one had been broken before as something isn't quite right with the metal it fits into. I don't plan on opening it or when I do not very far now that I know.  I had this done near Orlando has been fine ever since.  Thankfully its in the bedroom, if it had been one I opened all the time would have spent the bucks.  Sometimes you can find someone to fix those things.  He measured and measured to make sure it fit perfectly and it did.

Back
Top Bottom