brown dots on gelcoat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie

I need some input. This past year we have discovered small pinhead size brown dots on our gelcoat. It is on the western side of the trailer only. Someone told us it was fly scat. Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning/prevention? Last year we removed it with 3M magic eraser and acetone but it took forever. Any input would be appreciated.

Robert

Acetone should not be used on gel coat. If they're really small dots, I suspect they might be spider poop. Eliminating the source might require some anti-spider measures, such as Ortho Home Defense. When the gel coat is clean, be sure to apply a good coat of carnuba paste wax, which will help eliminate staining of gel coat.

We have a huge spider issue in the water-based community where we live. A bi-monthly service by a pest control company has eliminated spiders from the house, but they are not allowed to spray over/near water. As a result, our docks and boats have a real spider issue, and we see lots of those small dots on gel coat.

Hi Robert,

I have those brown spots on my coach. It seems if you park near evergreens they appear like magic. Not sure what they are but they are very hard to remove. Just be careful what you use to remove them. Usually I will try to scrap them off with a fingernail and then wash the area. Lots of work!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom