Building a new System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frank B said:
Very neat and classy! Makes my install look pretty crude by comparison....  :-[

I don't know if I'd say that Frank...  I thought your Solar install was pretty sweet.  I'm hoping to do my solar next year.

I hooked up my single flooded battery to the new system and threw the switch... no sparks and everything seemed to work, so I guess I did okay.  The Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 seems like a pretty nice unit.  The hardwired Surge Guard unit has a pretty good hum/vibration to it.  I have it screwed tight to the floor, maybe mounting it differently would quite it down some.  The batteries should be delivered tomorrow and that's the last piece of the puzzle for now.  I'll set parameters for the inverter and battery monitor and we should be all set. 

Heading out on the 27th for a two week trip and can't wait to see how everything works out.

Okay... everything is done , I'll wrap this thread up.

With the help from everyone that chimed in, everything seems to work fine.  I put the finishing touches on the battery install this morning.  A few routine checks and we'll be all set to head out next Sunday for two weeks and start enjoying the fruits of my labor.  Thanks again for all your help!!

A quick recap of the upgrades to the Truck and Camper....

Truck, 2012 1500 Silverado 5.3 liter;
Installed a 25 row Derale Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler
Transmission filter and oil change, Full Synthetic
Mobile 1 Extended life oil and filter change
Banks Ram Air system, Jet throttle body spacer
MSD plug wires, Bosch Double Platinum Spark Plugs

Camper, 2019 Apex 265-RBSS;
Lippert Equa-Flex with MORryde Wet bolt kit
Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 with remote
Hardwired Surge Guard with remote
Victron 712 Battery monitor
4 - 100 Ah LiPo batteries from Battle Born
2 - Maxx Air Deluxe fans
SurFlow accumulator tank and pump silencer kit

Attachments

• Batteries done.jpg
    Batteries done.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 25
May I make one suggestion?  Please use split loom tubing (I call it split loom conduit) on wiring that is or has potential to rub against each other.  Not needed for a stationary installation but I was almost down to bare/esposed wire on 2/00 gauge wires where it was touching each other on the run to my inverter.  The short would have been ugly for the microsecond it took to blow my inline fuses from each battery bank.  Our RV's bounce around a lot and I'm a bigger safety freak from my experience.

You have a very clean install and it looks great, BTW!

Drewd said:
May I make one suggestion?  Please use split loom tubing (I call it split loom conduit) on wiring that is or has potential to rub against each other.  Not needed for a stationary installation but I was almost down to bare/esposed wire on 2/00 gauge wires where it was touching each other on the run to my inverter.  The short would have been ugly for the microsecond it took to blow my inline fuses from each battery bank.  Our RV's bounce around a lot and I'm a bigger safety freak from my experience.

You have a very clean install and it looks great, BTW!

That's probably a very good idea where my runs to the inverter go through the wall.  Thanks for your input...  :))

Or Amazon.  Just search Amazon for "wire loom" or "split loom".  They have a selection of diameters.  Local stores sometimes only have limited sizes & lengths.

Back
Top Bottom