Buying a used Reyo/ Via

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aged racer

We have been on and off RV'ers, always in a travel trailer. We are planning to move up to a Class C or Class A motorhome that uses the Mercedes diesel Sprinter platform.

Although we had been looking for a late model View or Navion, our local dealer (SW Va) has a 2011 Itasca Reyo on their lot that has caught our eye. The unit has 25K miles and is fairly well equipped, including full body paint and a diesel powered generator. The asking price is $80K, although I feel sure there is some negotiating room at that price.

I've done some searching on this forum about the Reyo/ Via models. There are some great reviews, but some posts about issues with the earlier models (2010 and 2011), including concerns about resale value. Should we stay away from an earlier one like this? if not, is there anything in particular that we should check or verify prior to purchase? (I should add that the dealer has no service records on this unit- they said it was a trade in from another dealer that they in turn purchased for their inventory).

Many thanks in advance- we are prepared to keep looking if need be!

Steve S

Welcome Steve.  I think we had one fellow on the forum that had quite a bit of problems with his but I don't remember the situation.  Nothing in particular sticks out one way or the other about the unit though.

I had my 2011 Reyo R in for service over 30 times in a year and a half. Winnebago stood behind every problem after a shaky start. Since then we have put on over 45,000 miles from coast to coast. This year we did the snowbird thing for almost three months. It is "cozy" but we like the size for driving and parking. We get around 15 to 16 mpg., and tow a Honda Fit. Last year we toured WY, MT, SD, IA, IN. Reyo did well in hill and dale. After hating it in the beginning, we love it now. Just ordered a new mattress. Hope to enjoy several more years.

We didn't like the Reyo/Via until we drove the 2013 model and bought a Reyo (T). We love it. We're pushing 28k miles. Been to Alaska and back in 2013. Did 11,500 miles in 2014. Just finishing a three-week, 3k mile trip to explore Arizona RV/Park model resorts.

To us, the Reyo/Via is for travelers more than for markets. We like to be on the go. When we think of living in a Reyo for 2 or 3 months, we wish we had a bigger unit. So we may just keep on driving and leave the parking to others.

Resale values on the Reyo/Via seem to be holding up pretty well.

We love our Via and are glad we downsized from a diesel pusher & toad. We now try to get off the highway as soon as possible and see the real America on the back roads. We spent a month I AZ this winter in one location and it was cozy but the outdoors was another sitting and rest area. You may want to check what engine is in the 2011, the 5 or 6 cylinder. As a guideline, the NADA low retail value on a 2011 is $78,550 and average retail is $94,650. NADA wholesale, which is the dealer trade in price, is about 10% below low retail, so the dealer probably paid $71,000 for the unit. Prices on RV Trader for a 2011 range from $78,000 to $99,900. If you could get this unit for $75,000 or less it is a good deal. Make an offer at $70,000 and see where it goes.

In Colorado we get 15 to 16 mpg, and in flatlands 17 to 18mpg. Love our Via, goes almost everywhere, and we do not need a toad. Occasionally, we rent a car, like our month in AZ. Make sure you inspect all the systems in the house, engine and chassis. If the tires are nearing five years old you may want to negotiate a new set of tires with the deal. Let us know what your do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sieldenchannel
Back
Top Bottom