By,by California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
We knew what you meant, but that might attract some comments.

Here's the comment it attracted......Tom, you need to go spend some time out on the water....relax a bit. ;D  I do use all ten fingers to type and sometimes they move just a bit to fast.  As long as the reader can figure out what I'm trying to say then all is not lost.  ;)

Oops, hit a nerve, sorry.

I rarely manage to use more than 2 fingers to type, and openly admit my typing accuracy isn't very high, compounded by my inability to spot my own typos.

you need to go spend some time out on the water...

Very true. I'll probably hit the water in the bass boat a few mornings this coming week.

I actually know people who want green all the time, all year long. I'm glad you enjoyed California which does have a lot to offer, even in the off season. I love variety which is one reason we spend a lot of time in California. However, when we left California for Colorado in the '80s, I swore I would never go back...hated the crowds, hated the traffic. I still hate the crowds and the traffic but we've found uncrowded places and found ways to work around the crowded areas. I hope you're able to return to California in the future, at a different time of year. As a desert rat, I heartily recommend the California deserts, especially Death Valley, Joshua Tree, and Mojave NPS areas and Anza Borrego state park. Don't expect green like Florida, green's there but you need to look for it. Do expect spectacular scenery. Oh, and don't visit the deserts in the summer :)  Spring in a good flower year can blow your mind.

Wendy

Tom said:
Oops, hit a nerve, sorry.
I rarely manage to use more than 2 fingers to type, and openly admit my typing accuracy isn't very high, compounded by my inability to spot my own typos.

Very true. I'll probably hit the water in the bass boat a few mornings this coming week.

No, not at all Tom.  I actually chuckled when I read your post.  No apolgy needed....we're good.  Have a great day.

Thanks JCZ. I really should have included a few  ;D ;D ;D to lighten up my message.

Wendy said:
I actually know people who want green all the time, all year long. I'm glad you enjoyed California which does have a lot to offer, even in the off season. I love variety which is one reason we spend a lot of time in California. However, when we left California for Colorado in the '80s, I swore I would never go back...hated the crowds, hated the traffic. I still hate the crowds and the traffic but we've found uncrowded places and found ways to work around the crowded areas. I hope you're able to return to California in the future, at a different time of year. As a desert rat, I heartily recommend the California deserts, especially Death Valley, Joshua Tree, and Mojave NPS areas and Anza Borrego state park. Don't expect green like Florida, green's there but you need to look for it. Do expect spectacular scenery. Oh, and don't visit the deserts in the summer :)  Spring in a good flower year can blow your mind.

Wendy

Actually we came across from Bakersfield to Needles and then to Lake Havasu City last week and  on to Cottenwood on Sat and the further east in the desert we got ,where they had some rain recently we could see the change in the desert floor especially along the highway as it had started to turn green with new life.I'll bet the desert flowers are beautiful in the winter and spring and hopefully someday I will get to experience it. Yesterday we drove through Sedona and it had been 22 years since I had driven through the last time and what a change. I have to say that it is too bad that someone did not have the foresight to make that area into a National Park many years ago. What a beautiful area. After a few more days here and 4 days in Flagstaff, where my wife went to college we will be on to your state of Colorado....Alan

Resurrecting this thread. If you want brown, its been brown since last April here in Northern CA. Its only in the last two weeks that we've FINALLY got some green growing in the area. I am so enjoying the green, albeit short and spotty. We've got a tremendous drought going on. Sure wish we could cheaply transport all that MidWest and Eastern snow over here. Look out food prices for all of us!

btw: its supposed to hit 80 F this coming Saturday. *Thud*

Enjoy the green while you can - just remember any new growth this spring will add to the dry fuel on the hills later this year.

It's far too late to break the drought this year - the best we can hope for is the grass to remain sparse and dormant like it has been so far this year.  If we get any appreciable rain from here on out, all it will do is allow the grass to turn green and start growing again.  We won't get enough rain to make a difference in the reservoir levels or let the mature trees fully hydrate - they'll remain dry all summer - but letting the grass turn green and resume growing will just add to this summer's fuel load and make the wildfires truly horrendous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom