CA Housing Prices (split from Sex in the RV)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow someone is sensitive. Where did I say my state is perfect? I don't remember saying that. I was actually not trying to bash CA. I just said I believed that some of their laws seem to favor criminals and I would have a hard time if someone could rob my business without worrying about repercussions. I guess you would not have a problem if it was your business?
As General McAuliffe said...."NUTS".

Do they in New Hampshire?...

I would say ALL states have bad areas.. Even New Hampshire...
Butch
Like Ex-Cali said a lot of states have bad areas and California is one of them.

While I agree all states have bad areas, I don't think that's technically what I said.

I said a lot of people judge a whole state by it's major cities. Portland is not Oregon. NYC is not NY. Detroit is not Michigan. etc. etc. etc.

99% of bashing is caused by jealousy. No one is gonna admit it but California is awesomely beautiful from the North to the south to the redwoods and the deserts. Everything from Hollywood to Disneyland.

If I could afford to live in a Beach House in Malibu, I probably would.

While I agree all states have bad areas, I don't think that's technically what I said.

I said a lot of people judge a whole state by it's major cities. Portland is not Oregon. NYC is not NY. Detroit is not Michigan. etc. etc. etc.

99% of bashing is caused by jealousy. No one is gonna admit it but California is awesomely beautiful from the North to the south to the redwoods and the deserts. Everything from Hollywood to Disneyland.

If I could afford to live in a Beach House in Malibu, I probably would.
I stand corrected. Someone thought your comment was bashing California. I did not see it that way.

Fairly new to CA, lived here 5 years in SoCal. Moved for employment reasons. As soon as we hit retirement we are outa here!! I can see where this must have been such a great place 30 years ago. Now the cities resemble 3rd world countries with no solutions other then open your wallet and pay more taxes.

Fairly new to CA, lived here 5 years in SoCal. Moved for employment reasons. As soon as we hit retirement we are outa here!! I can see where this must have been such a great place 30 years ago. Now the cities resemble 3rd world countries with no solutions other then open your wallet and pay more taxes.
I will get some popcorn LOL.

Yeah? Where did you move from?

How do you like the weather? ;)… I’ve lived in SoCal most of my 75 yrs, and still love it… Sure I don’t go near certain places, but that is true anywhere in the world… Even 30yrs ago…
We can all live where we want, with out the bashing… I can take a poking now and then, but after a while the poked area starts to get a little irritated … Doesn’t mean we are sensitive… Anyone’s gonna scratch an irritation….….
Butch

The problem is CA defines shoplifting as a misdemeanor, on the same level as a speeding ticket and a couple of years back they raised the limit where shoplifting changes to felony burglary from a couple of hundred dollars to $950. As long as you take less than $950 worth of stuff the worst that will happen is you'll get a slap on the wrist and be sent on your way.
I agree with your premise, but a speeding ticket is actually a moving violation, which is considered an infraction, not a misdemeanor. You get arrested for a misdemeanor, you only get cited for an infraction. Drivng under the influence (DUI/DWI) is a misdemeanor.

Last edited:
I would say all states have good areas too. Such as Auburn, CA. I don't think many would find that area not to be a decent place to live.

And I do NOT have to winterize my RVs there. Below freezing there is somewhat rare, unlike here in Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV
Don, I've lived all over N. CA. From Napa, just north of SF, to Oroville, 2 hours north of Sacramento, and there was nowhere that didn't get below freezing in the winter. Pretty much everywhere the average winter night was in the mid-upper 20's, occasionally dropping into the upper teens. In the summer, it was common for daytime temps to be 100 and nighttime temps to drop into the 40's; a 60+ degrees range in a 12-hour period.

2 hours north of Sacramento, and there was nowhere that didn't get below freezing in the winter.
Sure, once in a great while for a night or two. But since 2016, when I purchased my house in Auburn, it was never a long enough cold spell to have a need to winterize. Even Death Valley can get below freezing once in a while. Death Valley hit -8°C / 17.6°F on January 19, 1928.

I used to live in South San Francisco, CA. I never bothered to winterize there either.

Usually, nice Decembers there. But it sure can get cold there in July! July can get a lot of fog.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”
-Mark Twain.
"

-Don- Reno, NV

You get arrested for a misdemeanor, you only get cited for an infraction.
This info. come from a buddy of mine who I used to work with in San Francisco. His brother is a cop up in Napa, CA:

In CA, a cop "may arrest" you for a misdemeanor, "shall arrest" for a felony.

They cannot ever arrest for an infraction, but that can turn into a misdemeanor by refusing to sign the ticket and other such things.

So to arrest for a misdemeanor is up to the cop. The other two have no choice, either may not arrest or must arrest.

-Don- Reno, NV

Sure, once in a great while for a night or two. But since 2016, when I purchased my house in Auburn, it was never a long enough cold spell to have a need to winterize. Even Death Valley can get below freezing once in a while. Death Valley hit -8°C / 17.6°F on January 19, 1928.

I used to live in South San Francisco, CA. I never bothered to winterize there either.

Usually, nice Decembers there. But it sure can get cold there in July! July can get a lot of fog.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”
-Mark Twain.
"

-Don- Reno, NV
Oh, you are 100% correct that winterizing is not necessary. Even though most nights got below freezing (32°) between December and the end of February, the coldest daytime temps were always in the mid-40's or above.

I full-timed for 5 years and I don't recall ever turning off or disconnecting my hose. It might have got down to 19 degrees on the occasional night, but it never started early enough or lasted long enough to be an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeegal
Back
Top Bottom