Cabover camper blocks XM satellite radio reception on truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COCJ

I bought a new Ford F350 with Sirius/XM radio. The antenna is mounted on the roof of the truck toward the front of the cab. The cabover portion of my Lance Camper blocks the signal to the truck. Anybody know of any solutions?

While I'm not familier with built in sat radios I do know about the add on types.  If there is a way to unplug
the antenna wire from the radio it's possible you could buy an antenna and cord from XM that would work.
This antenna looks like a small computer mouse with a strong magnet on the bottem.  This would allow you
reroute the cable and mount the antenna in a different place.  I think the first stop would be Ford to see what
your options are.  Sat radios need clear access to  the sky.

One solution is to buy an add-on satellite system and input to accessory on radio, then place an antenna for that system where you need it.

When my antenna failed I bought a new one (from Radio Shack as I recall) and just installed it in place of the original. You could mount one on the camper and just plug it in place of the oem. I used the old wire to pull he new one through, but it shouldn't be that difficult on a truck.

Ernie

That might work if you have cell phone reception. Most places that we go have no cell phone reception. I can't believe that this has not happened to others. Local Ford Dealers have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom