Cabover rebuild project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toby and others...I have a question first that I'm sure the moderator will jump into here... How do I get email responses to posts, mine or others IF i want them?

I have been kind of off this list for some time yet I do understand the questions asked here and the info given...particularly relating to what I have been a part of... needs to be kept up to date.  So that "I" can do that, if someone has a question, please inform me how to stay connected to be able to respond to posts I have been a part of.
thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------
Trim Pieces?  I used Epoxy Resin (West System Products) quite flexible and fiberglass 'cloth'...which is highly flexible.  What is needed here in these moldings............is NOT strength..............but waterproofing!  I built a firm, solid molding out of this material but not an inch thick!!! (joke!)  I built it to be firm yet flexible and able to withstand anything the application could throw at it!  Sealant used behind it added to the flexible joint qualities.

I sleep well!

IF, I remember what SportDad did, was cool too, but the difference between where HE went, and where I went was significant.  He needed to get the project DONE, to go skiing with his children...if i remember correctly.  He did that and did well!

...........Please understand that only because you have asked, have i spoken on this. 

The fiberglasing directly from one surface to another at 90 deg. angles creates a stress point that could crack.........................And...........has it's own factor of difficulty in the process of layup!  I chose.. "chose" to make a mold.  Note here that this was a VERY time consuming process!!!  Sports Dad had a schedule!

He did fine!!  I did fine!!

choose your method or come up with something different or in between...  Both of us just threw out info out there to help anyone behind us in the process.

Anything built can be rebuilt............take your time and if you can, make it a fun project.

How do I get email responses to posts, mine or others IF i want them?

Click the Notify button above the top message on the page.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom