California vs Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it appears that many of the problems that California has are political in nature.

We have had the same governor and party control for over 4 terms now.

It was such a beautiful state,  but sadly.....it's a goner... :'(

TonyDtorch said:
Yes it appears that many of the problems that California has are political in nature.

We have had the same governor and party control for over 4 terms now.

It was such a beautiful state,  but sadly.....it's a goner... :'(
Oh the state is fine. Jerry is a cool dude. He used to shack up with Linda Ronstadt.  8)

SeilerBird said:
Oh the state is fine. Jerry is a cool dude. He used to shack up with Linda Ronstadt.  8)

This from one of the biggest Cal slammers..  :)

It's cool, Tom,    I too was madly in love with Linda from the first time I saw ever her at the Golden Bear back in the days. 

The whole history of the Laruel Canyon bunch is amazing.

TonyDtorch said:
This from one of the biggest Cal slammers..  :)

It's cool, Tom,    I too was madly in love with Linda from the first time I saw ever her at the Golden Bear back in the days. 

The whole history of the Laruel Canyon bunch is amazing.
I have never slammed California. I love Cali. I saw Linda in concert at Anaheim Stadium in 1975. But I was there more to see her guitar player Andrew Gold. He had just released his first album and it was fantastic. It was stadium seating so everyone was standing. I was in the front row. Everyone was yelling for Linda, I was yelling for Andrew. Everyone must have thought I was gay. Linda looked so cute being barefoot in short shorts.  ;D :-*

Loved the times... In 69 (I think) I saw Dylan in Anaheim at the old Melodyland arena,  and lately I've been to several incredible Stones concerts at the Big A.

I fondly remember the old days of the Doors, Sweet Baby James, Lynda along with Don Henley and Glen as backup at the Whiskey.

But,  by the time I got out of the Army it appeared the music had died....as they say.

Every single generation claims the only good music ever created just happened when they were 17 years old. I have had a lucky life, music has been great my whole life.

SeilerBird said:
Every single generation claims the only good music ever created just happened when they were 17 years old. I have had a lucky life, music has been great my whole life.

Yes, growing up here in So. Cal 17 was a magic year for me too,  and that's a Great outlook on life.  (Too bad you have to live it in Florida... ;) )

I recall the day we headed south from the Golden Gate when the weather man got it wrong. Called Half Moon Bay (Pillar Point) for refuge. There were 28 foot waves coming up from the south that afternoon, and I was scared we'd capsize as we made the U-turn into the harbor. The following morning there was 43 foot surf outside the harbor, and we stayed put for several days.

Tom said:
You ride any of the Mavericks Tom?
The largest wave I ever rode was about three feet. I was a horrible surfer. Great water skier, good snow skier and terrible racket ball player. Sports were not my bag.

I've had my life saved by a Huntington Beach lifeguard and seriously injured at the wedge..... Mavericks is for young pros only.

Now I never surfed, but I water skied, played racket ball, and weight trained. But California was always "home". It's goofed up now, but all things will cycle. That still doesn't take away from many of the amazing wonders that are Ca.

People love to claim California is overcrowded and parts of it are. But about 90% is nothing but open spaces. And beautiful. California has the most National Parks of any state in the union due to it's beauty. They have 9, Alaska has 8, Utah has 5, Colorado has 4 and Florida has 3. The neat thing about the nine National Parks is that they are all radically different. You have Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Lassen Volcanic, Pinnacles, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Channel Islands and Redwood. An amazing collection.

SargeW said:
Now I never surfed, but I water skied, played racket ball, and weight trained. But California was always "home". It's goofed up now, but all things will cycle. That still doesn't take away from many of the amazing wonders that are Ca.

Exactly, SargeW.  Things may occasionally become screwed up in my home state.  I have faith they will eventually become "unscrewed".  It is a beautiful state with mountains, deserts, plains, valleys, seashores and temperate temperatures.  It has always been a state destined to succeed.  Sometimes success needs to take a step back, clean up an act, and march forward.  I have faith that, in the long run, the state will eventually do just that.  Soon, I hope.  ;)

SeilerBird said:
People love to claim California is overcrowded and parts of it are. But about 90% is nothing but open spaces. And beautiful. California has the most National Parks of any state in the union due to it's beauty. They have 9, Alaska has 8, Utah has 5, Colorado has 4 and Florida has 3. The neat thing about the nine National Parks is that they are all radically different. You have Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Lassen Volcanic, Pinnacles, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Channel Islands and Redwood. An amazing collection.

:)) :)) :)) :))  Yes!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTRDYS
Back
Top Bottom