Camp Chairs - What do you like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark-M

We're continuing to outfit our RV and need to buy some camp chairs.  There's lots of choices but the ones we've looked at (primarily at the Camping World Store) have not been that comfortable.

We have some camp chairs that fold-up and fit into a canvas sack but we're looking for more of a folding lawn chair type where the seat & back are firmer, are easier to get out of and typically fold up flat.

Any suggestions?

.\Mark

I bought 2 from Harbor freight 3 months ago. They were $29.00 each but with 20 percent off coupon, I paid $23.00.
They seem comfortable and fold up flat. They also have a table attached to hold your hot chocolate. 

We like the director chair style rather than the bag chairs. As Rene noted, you can find them lots of places. We also have the big recliner chairs, but those only come out when we are settled in one place for a while. We use the director chairs when we visit another campsite too. There are also director style chairs that fold incredibly small that we can strap on the back of our bikes. Those are handy too.

Forget CW for that sort of thing - the prices are high and the quality no better than anywhere else.  You can get "zero gravity" recliners that fold up nicely and these days they run as little as $30 on sale at places like Walmart & Family Dollar.  And any of several types of folding chairs. Walmarts usually have a broad selection this time of year.  Also stores like Dick's Sporting Goods and onine sources such as Amazon & Wayfair.

Seating comfort is very much an individual thing. Look at lots of chairs and loungers and try them out, until you find something that suits.

We always preferred the chairs that had a built-in folding table, so that we didn't have to deploy a separate table for our drinks and snacks.

X2 on the zero gravity chairs, we have tried many different kinds, but those are my favorite
I also bought a ?love seat? chair that folds up nicely that my wife & I sit in front of the fire together, linked below:

Kelty 61510716SM Low Loveseat Camp Chair - Smoke/Paradise Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012EVR3MA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_HVxcBb67ABV9J

We picked up a Costco Timber Ridge chair that is well made and gives excellent back support.  It's a bit heavier than some but IMO, well worth the price.  Don't recall exactly but about $30-35.00. 

We have a couple of zero gravity chairs, and we feel they're pretty comfortable for us. I have a folding rocker, but it doesn't rock that well, and I have to add a separate cushion if I am going to sit for extended periods of time. Friends of ours have the rockers with the piston/cylinder deal on them, and they rock very well, and seem to be comfortable for the short amount of time I sat in it. I have no desire to use bag chairs.

garyb1st said:
We picked up a Costco Timber Ridge chair that is well made and gives excellent back support.  It's a bit heavier than some but IMO, well worth the price.  Don't recall exactly but about $30-35.00.

X2 on the Costco Timber Ridge chair. 

We have a couple of so-called zero gravity chairs stored at our summer RV lot, although I'm not sure I understand the big deal. We also have a couple of folding chairs with side tables that I prefer stored in the basement of the coach.

I like the director chair for sitting at a table or around the campfire.
My zero-g recliner is for naps.

I can't sit in bag chairs for very long as the front bars always press the side of my legs and start hurting after a while.

I bought 2 of my 3 z-g chairs at Ollie's.

We bought two Prime Products 13-3346 Elite Arizona Tan Folding Chairs and two Prime Products 13-6506 Elite Arizona Tan Rocker Folding Chairs from Amazon.  Not the cheapest available but we really like them

Like Stephen S, our zero g's came from Ollie's. Mine was a little more because it's camo. Our friends rockers are GCI Outdoors.

I've had a lot of chairs over the last 40 years. Bought 2 of these 5 years ago and it
is the only kind that I will use now. Good support all around. Hard arm rests. Very
durable. Supports up to 400lbs. Very roomy. I recommend it to all my camping friends.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-big-outdoorsman-xl-fold-up-chair

We searched high and low. I sat in every zero gravity chair I saw.  We found the zero gravity chairs we liked the best at Cabelas. 

We tried the Zero Gravity and just did not get the appeal.  We found rocking chars at CW that pleased us.

I like the old school nylon web folding chairs. They are light and a firm seat. I also love my zer9 gravity chair for reading or a nap!

Back
Top Bottom