CAMPCO PROPANE REGULATOR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellislee

I have a Camco two stage vertical regulator when I have gas tank on and outlet of regulator disconnected should I get gas coming out of outlet?

Welcome to The RV Forum!

Are you sure there's propane in the tank?  Propane is stored in liquid form, if you're not sure pour some hot water down the side of the tank, then run your hand down the wall.  The metal will cool down instantly where there's liquid propane behind it and remain hot where there isn't any.

Before you condemn the regulator, the pressure coming out of it isn't very much, less than 0.5 PSI (11 inches water column).  And the propane tank has an excess flow cutoff in the outlet valve that will choke off the tank's outlet if there's a break in a propane line.

It's a ball bearing that gets sucked up to block the tank outlet if too much propane escapes at once.  Sometimes this can be activated when you turn on the valve too quickly into an unpressurized system.  You should hear a click from the tank if this happens.

Try turning off the tank valve, wait a minute or two for the pressure behind the valve to equalize then just crack the valve open and see if you get any flow.

ellislee said:
I have a Camco two stage vertical regulator when I have gas tank on and outlet of regulator disconnected should I get gas coming out of outlet?
I have propane coming from tank to regulator but nothing coming out of regulator outlet.
Lots of propane in tank.

ellislee said:
single tank

Then first I would go back to what Lou said, turn the bottle off, then open the valve ever so slowly. With nothing hooked to the output of the regulator, the safety could be shutting off flow from the bottle. If that doesn't work, it sounds like a new regulator is in order.

kdbgoat said:
turn the bottle off, then open the valve ever so slowly...
If that doesn't work, it sounds like a new regulator is in order.
I agree

[problem solved replaced regulator thanks for helpquote author=mel s link=topic=105271.msg948560#msg948560 date=1495483524]
I agree
[/quote]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom