campground east of mobile AL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savy50

searching for a nice campground east of mobile AL. close to the gulf. thank you.

We came across Rivers edge CG just east of Pensacola which I would go back to. It is nice wooded lots secluded about 2 miles off I-10Downside, no paved roads or sites. Lots of Sand. I used it for an overnight stop but would go back.

There are a lot of nice campgrounds. One that I recommend is Topsail Hill Preserve in Destin. It is on the beach and is one of the nicest state parks you will ever find.

GW, DW and I got married at rivers edge. It's about 15 min. from the house.

Lake Osprey is very nice, and it's former sister park for Class A's only, Bella Terra, in Foley, is the park by which we have measured all other parks for three years of fulltiming.

Gulf Shores State Park, if you can get in this late, is right at the beach. There are several others in the Gulf Shores/Foley/Robertsdale area that are worth looking at.

RV Park Reviews will help you narrow it down.

We'll be at Bella Terra in January!  8)

Not sure what you mean by "nice" but Meaher State Park is right on the gulf across from Mobile.  We spent a couple nights there last month.  Sites are well spaced and everything was well kept.  Bath house is of recent vintage as well.  We thought it was quite nice. www.alapark.com/meaher/Camping/

Capt Steve, I liked Rivers Edge simply because it was quiet and secluded. I have stayed in Destin at several of the campgrounds in the area and liked them. Just about any campground along the Gulf beach area is nice with some having more amenities than others. With just me and the DW (all the kids long gone, we look more for quiet than the excitement.

How far east of Mobile ? We camphosted at Fort Pickens campground, part of Gulf Islands National Seashore. Really liked it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom