Campground South Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savy50

We are searching for a campground on the ocean for a week or two. Thank you.

We just stayed at Apache Family Pier and Campground in Myrtle Beach. We were parked a couple of hundred feet from the ocean and had a great view of the Atlantic from our window. The east coast's longest pier is a part of the campground and you can get coupons to walk it free. I did every day and it was enjoyable watching the waves and the fishermen every morning. Spaces can be a little shallow for 40+' coaches but are wide. Nice beach, laundromat and access to Restaurant Row.

Next time try Ocean Lakes. We have stayed there 6 or 7 times and it is the best of the beach.

jackson's

I too have stayed at Apache, the pier was great as were the neighbors who showed me how to catch spanish mackrel. We are actualy leaving wednesday and headed there for a week.  Mark

We've stayed at Briarcliff on the PA rate. Nice park, but not on the beach. You can walk to the big mall of restaurants and shops, though. There is a side exit from the campground into the shop area parking lot.

If you don't want big commercialiazation and lack of amenities doesn't bother you, then Hunting Island State Park, 17 miles south  of Beaufort, SC on RT 21, is a wonderful campground. They have everything but sewer hookup, is very quiet, serene and on the beach. We are heading there monday for a week. Rates are good, around $200 for 7 days, seniors and disabled vets get a 30% discount.

I am a native Carolininian and have camped the MB area a lot years ago but left because of the bustle. Hunting Island is one of the best IMO campsites on the ocean in SC. Lots of good stuff to do in historic Beaufort also. The campground itself, the folks there, and the atmosphere are all "laid back," easy to relax there.

WE stay at Ocean Lakes, every July for the last 10 years.  It is large, but it's a great place. The sites are pull thru with plenty of room.  Their beach is nice, they have a huge outdoor pool and an indoor pool.  www.oceanlakes.com you can check out the map and you can even see what sites are available for when you want to go.

JoAnn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom