Campgrounds and non-traditional RVs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not 100% true, since the laws concerning discrimination based on sex, age, race, etc still apply.
The law you reference only applies to people, not the type of RV. For example, if you prohibit school-bus conversions, it matters not who happens to be inside. You are twisting what I posted. There are plenty of RV parks that exclude various types of RV. You can easily find parks that are motorhome only, 10 year and under, even Airstream only, and several others. Yes, you could sue them as anyone can file a lawsuit against anyone for anything. You may not win but you can try.

The law you reference only applies to people, not the type of RV. For example, if you prohibit school-bus conversions, it matters not who happens to be inside. You are twisting what I posted.
You misconstrued my point. RVs get brought to the park by people, and some people are prone to filing lawsuits. Sometimes for imaginary reasons, but the park still has to defend itself. So yes, the park has to make the rules explicitly about the RV and enforceable in an unambiguous manner so that civil rights and person discrimination can't get mixed in. "School bus conversion" or "more than 10 years old" meets that test, but just plain "old" or "ugly"

For example, if you prohibit school-bus conversions, it matters not who happens to be inside.

I get the point and a lot of this is slicing thin mints thinner.

But If my box trailer conversion started with an "Excalibur Trailers" commercial trailer then I can legitimately deny the trailer is "home made."

If they deny me entry, I might jimmy up a lawsuit claiming discrimination against Scots - LOL...

Of course I am joking. If an RV park doesn't want me then I usually don't want them. But like everyone with a bad experience I am more likely to leave a negative review for a negative experience than a positive review for a positive one.

I don't really have time to fight a lawsuit to spend 2 nights in some crap RV park - LOL...

We have stayed in RV parks, RV resorts and Campgrounds. Seems some of the people who stay in their $200k+ RV's, look down on those of us that pull in with our $35k towable. Mine is a toy hauler and have heard a few comments about the NOISE of a motorcycle. These are the same people that have a "fur" baby that never stops barking.
PS: my bike makes less noise than a DP!

Seems some of the people who stay in their $200k+ RV's, look down on those of us that pull in with our $35k towable.
Everyone denies it but discrimination and the caste system is human nature.

So do what I do. I smile when I get disapproving looks when the $200+ RV owners see my 1997 Class C. It looks new but people judge it and us by its age. I smile because most of them are mortgaged up to their eyeballs while they judge my bank account.

I always got a hoot when I visited our factory in a smaller city in Ontario 60 miles from the US border. The English descendants have few racial minorities. So they use the same USA racial stereotypes against the French descendants. I personally could see no difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom