Campgrounds around Savannah, Ga.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVTom75

Anyone have any rec. for CG in or around Savannah, Ga. 30 to 40 mile radius of Savannah is o.k.

Plenty of them available, so it depends on what you are looking for in terms of amenities, price, etc. We've stayed at Skidaway Island State Park and the Red Gate campground. Skidaway is heavily treed with large sites and a pleasant "campy" atmosphere. Red Gate is an open grassy area (for satellite tv) and closer to the downtown attractions (riverfront, etc).

Consider also Savannah Oaks and the KOA. We haven't stayed at either, but reports seem good.

I asked the same question for a trip we're taking in March 2014 and someone offered the Hilton Head RV and Yacht Resort ( I think that's the name). I stayed there over 25 years ago and it was great and I think about 30 miles from Savannah. If you do a search on the Forum for Savannah campgrounds, you may find my original posting.

Bob

We're at Hilton Head now. Very nice facility and Hilton Head should be on everyone's bucket list. Pool is cool though so we're going to the keys Monday.

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jguiler45
Back
Top Bottom