campgrounds in Chattanooga Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torchbearer

My family and I will be traveling to Chattanooga Tennessee in a couple of weeks.  We are looking for a campground that would be fun for the kids and for us.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We're leaving for a TN trip on Saturday - Knoxville for 3-4 days, then down to the Chattanooga area for a few.  We're going to try to find a spot at the Lookout KOA, which is just barely in Georgia.  I've heard the Lookout KOA is decent - fairly close to the tourist attractions in the area.   Assuming they have good wi-fi, I'll try to post about it - or PM you.

We stayed last summer at the Raccoon Mountain campground.  It was quite nice with a good pool. Sites were a bit close together.  Location was good for Chattanooga sights and touring but it was quiet.  We paid $24; I believe that was for electric/water hookup.

Harrison Bay State Park!! Great park and campground. Also has a great golf course. And an easy drive into town to do the sights.

I was at Raccoon Mountain last weekend and I agree with the other comments on it. There is also a cave at the campground if you are into those things.

As for Harrison Bay, I have never stayed there because it is a state park that does not take reservations. The one time I went up there to check it out, it was full and very crowded and noisy. I am sure that varies with the weekend but I don't want to pull up there only to find there is no place open.

I have stayed at the KOA in Cleveland, TN which is just a little northeast of Chattanooga and it was very clean and nice.

There are a couple more in Chattanooga, but they are more in the "city" area and not quite as scenic or quiet.

Thanks Barb,

I have driven through that park in the past while looking for places to stay for a short weekend as we live only 30 minutes away. It looked clean but I thought it would feel a little closed in where it is located. I guess we will have to give it a try sometime. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom