Campgrounds near Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MN Blue Skies

Site Team
Right now we're in Holbrook, AZ (I-40). Tomorrow (Jan. 18) we're headed to Phoenix for a few days and then on to Quartzite. We'd greatly appreciate recommendations for Campgrounds near Phoenix and close to shopping (Costco, Walmart, Target). TIA

Maricopa County has some of the best campgrounds around, but they do not have full hookups or activities. Plus, they are likely to have been fully booked for several months.

To help us make better suggestions, please let us know what you require in a campground.

Maricopa County has some of the best campgrounds around, but they do not have full hookups or activities. Plus, they are likely to have been fully booked for several months.

To help us make better suggestions, please let us know what you require in a campground.
Full Hookups and close to shopping (Walmart, Costco, Target).

I am not sure what part of the Metro you want to stay in. If you want to stay on the west side there is Cotton Lane RV Park 17506 W Van Buren St, Goodyear, AZ 85338. There is a Walmart and a Target close by, or there is Happy Trails RV Park, a couple of the Forum members have lots there, at 17200 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374. There is a Walmart and a Costco a couple of miles to the south of the park.

If you stay at Happy Trails, then head to Quartzsite, you can go back north a mile or two and get on HWY 60 and head west through Wickenburg on your way to Quartzsite. It is a very nice drive, and only a couple miles farther than I-10.

Also, there are a couple of ways to get to the west side of the Phoenix Metro. From Holbrook you can take 377, 277, 260 then 87 down through Payson to the 202, to the 10. Or you can take I-10 to Flagstaff then south on I-17 to the 303 around the west side.

I am sure others will have some ideas as well.

With the snow they've had up on the rim, I'd take I-40 to I-17 down to 303 then west on 303.

I second the recommendation for Cotton Lane. Then you have easy access to I-10 or US60 to head to Quartzsite.

I am not sure what part of the Metro you want to stay in. If you want to stay on the west side there is Cotton Lane RV Park 17506 W Van Buren St, Goodyear, AZ 85338. There is a Walmart and a Target close by, or there is Happy Trails RV Park, a couple of the Forum members have lots there, at 17200 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374. There is a Walmart and a Costco a couple of miles to the south of the park.

If you stay at Happy Trails, then head to Quartzsite, you can go back north a mile or two and get on HWY 60 and head west through Wickenburg on your way to Quartzsite. It is a very nice drive, and only a couple miles farther than I-10.

Also, there are a couple of ways to get to the west side of the Phoenix Metro. From Holbrook you can take 377, 277, 260 then 87 down through Payson to the 202, to the 10. Or you can take I-10 to Flagstaff then south on I-17 to the 303 around the west side.

I am sure others will have some ideas as well.
Thanks PJ. No wonder I was overwhelmed by the alternatives in the Phoenix area.. We'll take a look at your suggestions.

We used to stay at Cotton Lane in Goodyear many years ago when we were building our house. Many of our Forum friends stayed there as well while passing thru or on their way to QZ. Well located; 2 Costco's within 8-10 miles, Kohls, Target and a lot more close by. You can even give me a call, I live only a couple of miles away.
If you are military, there is a new Fam Camp at Luke AFB, about 5 miles north and the other sites listed have good reputations as well.

Thanks all. We ended up staying at Cotton Lane in Goodyear which is 55+ community. We enjoyed our 4 day visit and we were able catch up on laundry and shopping. Very friendly community and nice amenities.

Back
Top Bottom