Camping Teams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GregScott

I'm a photographer who camps in the national forests and national parks out west for bird and landscape photography. I try to camp on the cheap. I like to travel for months at a time, stock up on food at sams or walmart from time to time, and spend about 2 weeks in a base camp in each major location. I have a pass that gives me half price on camping fees, but even so expenses are my limiting factor. I would LOVE to travel with some learning photographer, teaching my techniques as we go, and sharing expenses. My favorite haunts are SE Arizona, for hummingbird, and the Grand Circle, in the spring. I've never made it to the Pacific Northwest, Yellowstone, and such, and would love to be able to make it up there, alternatively. (The Calliope Hummingbird is a hummingbird I would really like in my portfolio.)

You can see my work (link in signature) to get a feel for my landscapes and avian photography. I'm married, 64,  with a tolerant wife who doesn't like to camp.  If anybody is interested in this, they can email me at [email protected], but my name is GregScott. I don't visit this board frequently. I have a small aliner camper, and pickup, but would be happy to team up with somebody in a fancy RV, if that was your preference.

Any suggestions on how to meet up with suitable camping partners would be appreciated. Do you think the forum might devote a section to this topic, perhaps? Who else is interested in the concept, even if my agenda isn't right for you? Obviously, widows might like to team up, or widowers, and such. My photography interests make my potential partnerships quite limited, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom