campsite tilted the wrong way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLAKDUKE

The campsite that I am on has only one problem.  The sewer dump is slighlty higher that the site itself.  Make dumping a bit troublesome.  Outside of a macerator is there anything I can do to force the uh.. sludge thru the sewer hose.

ALK

I don't think so. Without a macerator, @&*$ only flows down hill (as the old military saying goes).  ;D ;D ;D

You may have to help it by lifting the sewer hose close to the RV end and then maneuver it to the next end, keeping it high as you move forward so you create its own downhill.  This is always a hassle but do-able!

ArdraF

What Adra said.  Get the hose high at the trailer and gently slope it Down hill.  It is dookiable!!!  Ha Ha

I forgot to ask whose campsite is this anyway? Private or some govt?  If it is a private park ask them to cut it down.  Would a cheap rain gutter underneath hose for support make the run any better? Could you put RV up on a couple of 2X4's a little to help with downhill flow? Other options or is it time for rolling thunder (blue boy) to make an appearance?

It is a commercial campground outside Columbia Tn.  I have got the jacks set so the camper is level.  I have a cap for the end of the plastic connection that goes into the sewer pipe.  From the tank end of the hose it goes thru the hole in the floor panel in the sewer bin where all of the releases and water hookups are.  Working the hose is something that I think I can do one more time because the last time my back almost would not let me get back up.  I am going to cap the end, retract the hose thru the floor and then run it to the ouside onto one of those expandable cradles and see if that solves my problem.  Of course there is the problem that I could then possibly become, as all of my friends tell me, full of %$(#. 
ALK 

Of course there is the problem that I could then possibly become, as all of my friends tell me, full of %$(#. 
Did you tell your friends it is just the opposit? Your trying to get rid of it. TMS again. ;D
Your plan seems well intended.

Is the sewer inlet higher than your tank drain, so nothing flows when you open the valve, or is it draining, and you're just concerned about leaving a hose full of nasty stuff on the ground?

If the tanks are draining, just delay dumping the black tank until you have a close to full grey water tank.  Dump the black water first, then close the black tank and open the grey valve.

The grey water will flush any black residue in the hose down the drain, and all you'll have is a hose full of grey water.

When you're ready to leave, and have a hose full of grey water, is the time to walk the hose.

Lou

That would normally be a good idea.  However I am planning on being here for at least 4 months, which puts me into August.  It does drain but like you said the hose does not empty and the hot part of the season I may have neighbors that will get a bit testy if it get to odiferous around here.  Maybe I am being to simple minded but it would seem to me that someone would have come up with some kind of force pump just for this type of situation.  Or is it a case that it just does not happen often enough to warrent the expense.

Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom