Can a EMS-PT50C Surge protector connect to 30 amp also?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbkoonse

Can a EMS-PT50C  Surge protector connect to 30 amp also? I ask because I want a surge and low voltage protector, but don't want to buy one for a 50 and another for a 30 amp park box. So my thinking is; if the park only has 30 amp service, could I not use my 30 to 50 amp coach cable converter pigtail and insert the EMS-PT50C between it and the coach's standard 50 amp cable?.  Am I being clear?

Yes I have the EMS-HW50C and have done just that, in fact at home I only have a 30 amp service and stay plugged in all the time.  Have not had the time to replace my 30 amp service at home with a 50 amp service.  The only difference between the EMS-HW50C and the EMS-PT50C is the EMS-HW50C is hard wired and not plug in.

Indeed you can, as tvman already described.  You can also do it if you have the hardwired version (EMS-HW50C) - just put your 50/30 adapter on the end of the power cord and plug in.

Some months ago I contacted the company with the same question and was told you can adapt down to 15amp and still  be protected...                      Jim

Back
Top Bottom