Can I block a forum category?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if ‘Daily Games’ could be a group/category. I personally keep up with the forums using Latest Posts. The ‘Wordle Players Hereabouts’ (et al), by their nature, tend to clog up Latest Posts… for those of us not interested, those games block an inordinate volume of Latest Posts. A way to block those would be welcome.
More than 51% of any forum I have ever been in had threads that I have no interest in. And I certainly have no interest at all in the "games" here. Or 5th Wheels, trailers, Class Bs , converted busses, tent trailers and Teardrops, towing, Winnebago, Work Camping, making music on the road and much more.

But I have never found any of that be an important issue. It doesn't interfere much (if at all) with what I am interested in.

So I cannot say if I care one way or the other "Daily Games" and other such stuff has its own section or not. IMO, all is fine as is.

-Don- Reno, NV

Hope he thinks twice about leaving over something so minor.
I have seen enough people make excuses for quitting a forum that I have realized one thing.

They want to quit, but they often feel they need a reason to post why they wish to quit, instead of just leaving.

And I don't buy the real reason is ever the reason stated. Mainly because none of the reasons have made much sense, at least not to me.

-Don- Reno, NV

I have seen enough people make excuses for quitting a forum that I have realized one thing.

They want to quit, but they often feel they need a reason to post why they wish to quit, instead of just leaving.

And I don't buy the real reason is ever the reason stated. Mainly because none of the reasons have made much sense, at least not to me.

-Don- Reno, NV
It's a tribal thing
I liken it to turning around at the foyer in WalMart and shouting out "I'm leaving, just so you'll know".
Online social interaction is a curious animal. I'm pretty sure if 60 years ago I'd called RCA and asked how to block channel 12 on my TV because I keep watching it they would have suggested I try not turning the knob to channel 12 first and see if that works.

Larry, what device are you using to access this site? (Phone, tablet/ipad, PC, etc) and browser? What we see and where we see it is different for various combinations, but especially screen size.
I'm on a Win 7 PC using Waterfox (a slightly modified Firefox), though I occasionally use other PCs and browsers, but this is my normal one.

I'm glad EV discussions got their own area and also that EV posts aren't included in "Latest Posts" (at least not in my view). Our discussions have dominated that list in the past. The setup makes it much easier to ignore EV discussion if that's not your thing.

I'm on a Win 7 PC using Waterfox (a slightly modified Firefox), though I occasionally use other PCs and browsers, but this is my normal one.
Larry,
The attachments show what you should see after the first and second click on Forums. Is this not what you see? (Click on each attachment to see full size). FWIW I don't see the first image on a phone, and I see the second image after only one click. Also FWIW I only see the first image on a 10" tablet.

Attachments

• Forums.jpg
    Forums.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Forums2.jpg
    Forums2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Larry,
The attachments show what you should see after the first and second click on Forums. Is this not what you see? (Click on each attachment to see full size). FWIW I don't see the first image on a phone, and I see the second image after only one click. Also FWIW I only see the first image on a 10" tablet.
BTW the ability to (automatically) change appearance & content based on screen size is something called 'Responsive' when describing the template aka theme.

Last edited:
Larry,
Tom, that's exactly what I see, but how does it relate to:

You can always click on the "forums" tab and then select the forums you want to read up on, instead of hitting the "New Posts" button.
I'm trying to puzzle out what he meant.

Tom, that's exactly what I see, but how does it relate to:

I'm trying to puzzle out what he meant.
I assumed he meant select the forums one at a time from the list. When you do that, you see all messages in that forum, whether you've read them or not.

When people talk about ignoring threads, I noticed they are usually referring to the wordle, connections, and other game threads.

I think they don't want to even see the threads period, so you just :

Scroll down to Rv Lifestyle. There is a slide button on the right hand side, rv lifestyle is on the left hand side. Turn on that slide and you won't have to see the shade tree, trip reports, fulltiming, homemaking, and rving with pets.

Would that work for you @LMHS

Reactions: Tom
More than 51% of any forum I have ever been in had threads that I have no interest in. And I certainly have no interest at all in the "games" here. Or 5th Wheels, trailers, Class Bs , converted busses, tent trailers and Teardrops, towing, Winnebago, Work Camping, making music on the road and much more.

But I have never found any of that be an important issue. It doesn't interfere much (if at all) with what I am interested in.

So I cannot say if I care one way or the other "Daily Games" and other such stuff has its own section or not. IMO, all is fine as is
I don't do any of that stuff, if I don't want to read it I don't click on it. Easy peasy.
I assumed he meant select the forums one at a time from the list. When you do that, you see all messages in that forum, whether you've read them or not.
Then go to the last page. If you hate the forum and hate the thread but can't contain the desire for the dopamine rush you get from yelling at kids to get off your lawn, skip down to the last post.

Well, thanks for the comments. And I do mean ALL the comments. Was this another question that I'm not allowed to ask? I just thought I was missing something based on my browser. I thought that since I can block individual posters, I might be able to block individual categories (forums). I have dropped other forums because certain topics took over the entire forum that had nothing to do with the topic the forum was supposed to be about.

Was this another question that I'm not allowed to ask?
Not at all.
I just thought I was missing something based on my browser. I thought that since I can block individual posters, I might be able to block individual categories (forums).
I think we answered the question and some folks learned from the discussion.

Maybe create a new category like "Not RV" that doesn't include those posts when you click on the "What's New" tab?

My browser displays 10 topics at a time. 4 of 10 were not RV related, IMO.

Last edited:
But there are no forums listed in that drop down when I click "watched forums," nor any apparent way to put any forum in a "watch" mode. When I click it tells me I'm not watching any forums, with no indication of how to set forums to "watched." Therefore it appears useless, but presumably there is a non-obvious way to set forums to "watched." Threads aren't a problem to set, just forums.

This isn't a big deal, but I would like to find how it's done.

But there are no forums listed in that drop down when I click "watched forums," nor any apparent way to put any forum in a "watch" mode. When I click it tells me I'm not watching any forums, with no indication of how to set forums to "watched." Therefore it appears useless, but presumably there is a non-obvious way to set forums to "watched." Threads aren't a problem to set, just forums.

This isn't a big deal, but I would like to find how it's done.
If you go into the specified forum

Click Watch which on mobile shows like the screenshot attached Screenshot_20240304_204816_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom