Can you run a microwave while driving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vinnied

Hi I am Vince and new to rv..ing.
Can you run a microwave while driving?

Welcome to the forum. Go into your profile and create a signature of yourself telling us a little bit about you. It may help later on if you have other questions.

Another way to get 120 volts to the microwave is a decent size battery bank, and a properly sized inverter.

Can you run the microwave.. Well I run one on a 2,000 watt True Sine Inverter or on generator power so yes you can.

SHOUOld you.. Depends on the Microwave..  And what you are cooking.

A hot dog wrapped in a paper towel is fairly safe  Well used to be today the paper towel may or may not be microwave safe.

But any open dish containing liquid.. A turn or a pot hole and you may make, as Dr. Spooner would say it, a Mell of a Hess in your microwave.  requiring lots and lots of cleanup time.

Page 2: Whlie driving the RV you are supposed to be seated in the drivers seat Seat belt ON, makes it kind of hard to reach the Microwave.. and your co-pilot in their seat likewise belted, not walking around the kitchen.

This applies more to cars than RV's but EVERY accident I have seen with air bag deployment the people were injured,, often by the air bag

SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES.

I don't think I've ever seen a Class A with air bags... ????    or even on Class C's

Legally only the people that are in the drivers compartment are required to wear seat beats,  the others can be walking around.

If you are going to worry about everything...

Since most injuries in auto accidents are head injuries,  I guess the best thing you can do is wear a full face helmet whenever you are in a moving vehicle.    ;)   

TonyDtorch said:
Since most injuries in auto accidents are head injuries,  I guess the best thing you can do is wear a full face helmet whenever you are in a moving vehicle.    ;)

Ssssshhhhhhh....... Don't give 'em any ideas :mad:

I've made cups coffee going down the road.

It's kinda nice to have a fresh hot cup of Jo..  "after driving 16 hours a long and loan some highway" ...  as Bob Seger use to say... 8)

Man... you guys worry too much.
I just have my co-driver take over while I'm in back operating the microwave.

Attachments

• tpd.jpg
    tpd.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 29
most of the higher end Class A's have cruise control.... ;)

BinaryBob said:
Man... you guys worry too much.
I just have my co-driver take over while I'm in back operating the microwave.

Must be an English kid with at right hand drive he is wheeling.

I agree i've never seen a BIG rig with air bags. but in cars every time the bomb goes off to inflate the bags there are injuries.

I've seen many walk away with just seat belts on.

And there are 3 sets of law in this case
You may or may not be correct that "only the driver is required" under state law. I've not researched
And Civil.. Well if the co-pilot is your spouse and is killed because you let her walk around when disaster struck, who you gonna sue So it does not apply.

But the laws of PHYSICS...  Well Mother Nature enforces those laws and she can be quite nasty.

SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES. You don't want to be flying about in a suddenly stopped vehicle.

Looking at some of the folks who hold Public office.. One wonders if a head injury would even be noticed???? (No names please. but laughter is OK).

John From Detroit said:
SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES.
Looking at some of the folks who hold Public office.. One wonders if a head injury would even be noticed???? (No names please. but laughter is OK).

yes John we all know statistically seat belts save lives. 

But part of the laws of Physics is Inertia,  as in...a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

(IE)  I remember riding shotgun in a large truck going down the freeway when we came around a blind curve and saw a bunch of cars dead stopped right in front of us.

The driver hit the brakes but it was too late....We rather gracefully stacked up 4 cars...and all 5 vehicles glided along to a stop about 200 feet further up.

Fortunately..  No one was seriously injured.

In fact !.... I sat there (un-belted as usual  ::)) and I was holding an open cup of coffee through the whole thing.... never spilled a drop.

So thank God for Inertia...  Coffee is expensive.  ;D

As for those in public office ...YES !!!........

You should have those people running Detroit checked for brain damage!  That's scary as hell.. I know you were a police dispatcher. Please tell me you aren't on a Detroit City retirement....are you ?  :eek:

if so,  DO NOT WATCH THIS....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9sTiB6JAiQ&t=478s

Vince,

I'm not sure why you would want to run the microwave while driving.  Obviously the driver could not start and stop it.  As a passenger some 200,000 miles in our motorhome I have never run the  microwave while driving down the road.  Traveling down the road and standing in the aisle is not very stable and therefore  not very safe. Find a rest stop or a place to pull over for a minute to heat your coffee or what ever.  Use the stop time as a break.

Seatbelts are my friend.
BB

Considering the number of times I have to hit my brakes hard due to people in cars cutting in front of me and hitting their brakes,  I try to get my DH to always stay sitting while Im in traffic. I dont want him to turn into a projectile.

Back
Top Bottom