Canada eliminating PCR Covid tests as at February 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

I have read at least a half dozen press reports which state that PCR tests will no longer be required to cross the Canadian border if you are fully vaccinated. Unfortunately, it does not define who is deemed to be fully vaccinated, nor do any explain if it is only for returning Canadians, or for all who cross into Canada. However, I am sure it will quickly become clear over the next few days, so all those hoping to visit Canada, or cross it to get to Alaska, you should keep your eyes open as I am of the opinion that the border will be opened to all vaccinated individuals.

Ed

The way I read the news, it refers to all visitors to Canada, not just Canadians returning from a trip abroad.

The way I read the news, it refers to all visitors to Canada, not just Canadians returning from a trip abroad.
From the way I read it, only those returning to Canada will not need testing. All other travellers will need an Antigen test no more than 24 hours before arrival at the border.
Hopefully, by the end of the month, the Canadian government will have made it perfectly clear.

Good my best friend lives in Jupiter Florida and i booked a fight yesterday - im going for my birthday the 1st week of May im pumped to be able to see my friend of 40 plus years who i havent seen in 3 yrs

The Canadian government seems to have a problem with issuing clear, concise and understandable information....

Excerpt from the Vancouver Sun newspaper, link below to complete story.

So I still need to get tested while I’m away in order to come back to Canada?

Yes. The difference now is you have the choice of taking a rapid antigen test within a day of your return to Canada, or a PCR test within 72 hours of your return. Both will be accepted under pre-entry requirements.

But a rapid test taken at home isn’t enough. The test must be certified by a lab, health-care agency or telehealth service in the country you travelled to.

COVID-19: What to know about Canada's updated travel restrictions

The Canadian government seems to have a problem with issuing clear, concise and understandable information....

Yes. The difference now is you have the choice of taking a rapid antigen test within a day of your return to Canada, or a PCR test within 72 hours of your return. Both will be accepted under pre-entry requirements.

But a rapid test taken at home isn’t enough. The test must be certified by a lab, health-care agency or telehealth service in the country you travelled to.

This is the same requirements for travelers to the US from UK etc.
As I have said before, no one has to comply with any countries entry requirements, you have the choice not to travel abroad.

Seems pretty clear to me when I looked at the Canadian government site. You have a choice of tests, but they need to be formal. What part don’t you understand?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom