Can't find replacement for Amerimax RV screen door slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gt2003

A small corner piece was broken off our RV slide when we bought it.  I thought it would be an easy fix so I ran to the RV store today with the old slide.  The guy in the store matched it up for me and said it was pretty much a universal part.  However, when I got home, the OP products, P series slide that I bought was just a tad bit too short up and down.  The original Amerimax that was on the RV measures 11 13/16th tall x 12" wide, the OP replacement is only 11 11/16th tall x 11 7/8" wide.  Unfortunately, that makes enough of a difference to where the new slide won't stay in the tracks.  I've looked around on different RV sites online and can't find an Amerimax replacement.  I would greatly appreciate any advice on where to get a new one.  I can live with this one for now but the small corner that is missing will be just enough for flies to get in when the weather gets warmer so I'd like to get it taken care of as quickly as possible.  Thanks in advance for your help.   

a quick google search for " screen door slide for rv " found this http://rvadenver.com/screen_door_accessories.htm
and if that dont work try this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=screen+door+slide+for+rv&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=
on the first link scroll down to where it says screen door slides

hope this helps

Yes, I looked at those before I posted.  The problem is the 11 11/16th ones are too short and I'm afraid the 12" ones will be too tall.  I've actually sent a couple of emails to the companies asking for exact measurements.  Hopefully I'll hear something soon.  There is another RV center close by so I'm going to check with them here in a bit. 

I guess one option would be get one that is 12" high and if its too tall I can cut it down...

how bout take off one of the tracks and elongate the holes with a file to fit the new slide.
just a thought

How about going to your local homecenter and have one cut? The handle on mine is the same as a clear door stop for the wall, also available at the HC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom