cats ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carrier train the cat.  Bottom line.  Domestic animals are creatures of habit and safety. 

Once they know that a carrier is comfortable and cozy, safe, and not permanent, along with getting accustom to a traveling vehicle, your problem should start to go away.  But this all takes time.  It won't happen in just a couple of trips.  Patience and persistence on behalf of the owner is key.

Proper sized carriers are fine.  Both my cats are perfectly comfortable in them.  And like I said about the German Shepard, she hits the back seat, closes her eyes, and says "Goodnight".

I can't stress enough...patience and persistence is the key.

My DW and i travel with 2 large dogs and 3 cats. Wouldn't think of going on a trip without the whole family! What i did was make a platform that fits behind the front seats of our truck and extends to the back seats. this gives our pets a flat bed the whole length and width of the back seat area of our truck. I put in a small liter box, which the kitties all use. Everyone has their own little space. I am now planning to add a shelf the platform so I can put one of their kitty beds on top of it which will allow them to look out the window as we go done the road. I always carry bottles of water in a small cooler so our critters can stay hydrated. We have also learned not to feed our animals just before we get going. Always keep lysol wipes on hand in case one gets sick which really has not been a problem for us. Finally expect to get many looks from cars, trucks and other RVers as you go down the road.! Now when I pull our RV next to our house all our pets get really excited. They consider themselves professional campers and are always willing to participate in a spontaneous "meet and greet"!!

seilerbird said:
Do yourself a favor and Google cat vision and you will see what I am basing my statement on. Cats have excellent night vision but lousy day vision. Most cats hunt all night and sleep all day and have no need for good daytime vision.

In summary, the cat?s eye is specialized to see in dim and changing light. To achieve this it sacrifices the ability to focus close up, detail vision, and some color vision. It is the vision of a hunter active in both day and night, enabling it to detect movement under any lighting conditions, to use binocular vision to gauge distance, and to aim correctly to catch prey.

This is a link that supports your view very nicely...http://www.helium.com/items/1118907-how-cats-see-differently-to-humans..Unless I'm mistaken..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom