CCW questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guns?  What guns?  I lost all my guns when my last coach rolled into a river and was totaled.  Yeah, that's it...in the river.  8)

Uh, uh...I lost the camera, man.  I was at the Grand Canyon and dropped it over the edge.  You can ask my wife.  ;D

dave54 said:
CA does not recognize CCW from any other state.  CCW in CA are issued by the county sheriff or city Chief of Police.  So issuance varies widely across the state.  San Francisco does not issue.  Period.  Any reason.  The rural counties issue more frequently.  Modoc County, for example, in the northeastermost corner of the state basically issues upon request.  Other counties are inbetween.

National Forests and Parks follow state law.  RVs are a vehicle when moving down the road.  Once parked and camp is set up then it is a residence and residential firearm and search laws apply.  In CA firearms in a vehicle must be unloaded and in a locked container, with the ammunition stored separately.  The glove compartment, even if locked, does not meet the locked test.  A CCW individual is exempt only if the firearm is on his person, not accessible to anyone else.  So even if you are a CCW holder, the weapon cannot be in the glove compartment.  Yes, a real PITA.  A group of anti-gun zealots in the state legislature know they cannot declare an outright ban on firearms, so they keep passing new laws, each an incremental restriction.  A lot like the series of Nuremburg laws in 1930s Germany.

I guess CA lawmakers can't read:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There is a lot of support in congress for a bill that will create nationwide reciprocity concerning carry permits.  They would be treated just like a driver's license.  Issued in your home state but good in all 50 states.  They already have nationwide carry for active and retired law enforcement officers.

>>Issued in your home state but good in all 50 states<<

Sounds good. I would like the same for Hunting and Fishing permits (licenses).

RedandSilver said:
I guess CA lawmakers can't read:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Hypocrites. Only armed if its for their welfare. Youll never catch me in CA.

If you have an iPhone there's a great App for this:  CCW

Not sure if it's also made for Android smart phones.  Probably.

Badlands Bob said:
There is a lot of support in congress for a bill that will create nationwide reciprocity concerning carry permits.  They would be treated just like a driver's license.  Issued in your home state but good in all 50 states.  They already have nationwide carry for active and retired law enforcement officers.

Yes I heard that too BUT It seems some Judge that does know anything will say that it's a State's right to decide if they will allow ARMS.

It's funny that it's a privilege to drive a vehicle - yet when you get a drivers license you can drive in any of the USA.
Yet it's a RIGHT to bear arms and we can't do that if a State decides that we shouldn't be allowed to carry in their State.

Tick, tick, tick...how long til this is locked. Be polite, talk  to OP's question and leave in politics to other forums.

Myself and the DW are L.E.O. and we always carry no matter where we go...except on Federal Property. We use common sense when we carry out of our home State. If you have a lack of common sense, you probably shouldn't be carrying PERIOD. I always tell someone who asks me about this subject that if you don't advertise it, no one is gonna have any idea that you have one on you or in your RV.

Back
Top Bottom