Ceiling fan added to Sunova

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldwingerx2

Just finished adding a 12v ceiling fan to the bed room of our 2012 Sunova.  Got the fan from the Winnebago factory and mounted it.  I first pulled the trim that divided the ceiling panels and used this area to run the wires from the closet to where the fan was to be mounted.  I tied into the door switch which turns the lights on when you open the closet.  I then mounted a round board to the ceiling and the fan to the board.  We got the remote control so I did not have to worry about a switch on the wall.  Be sure and check for clearances for doors and slide.  I do have to turn the fan so the blades clear the slide before it comes in.  Ours is a 36" fan if it was a 32" it would clear just fine, but it is not a problem to check when I am checking everything is clear around the bed before pulling in the slide.  Hope this helps someone else down the road.

Congrads on your fan! We looked at them at the rally but upon measuring discovered that not only would the bedroom slide interfere, the wardrobe doors would hit as well so opted out. I miss my ceiling fan when on the road so have a clip on hanging above my head on the cabinet to compensate. I agree with above post, it would be nice if you could share a pic for those that have the room for the install.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom