Cell phone booster systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
decaturbob said:
thats my opinion too at this time...I think sometime next year I'll get an ATT badge phone off of Swappa and retire my LG3 thats been awesome workhorse.  I have greater hopes with the wifi repeater system I should have this week where I can grab weak wifi,. especially xfinity hotspot ones.  I just wish I had another month of warm weather here to get everything on my RV....

We have a WiFi repeater on board, although we seldom use it. A repeater can help bring in a weak signal better, but it can't to anything about too little bandwidth to support all the usage in a given park. Peak usage times are often no better than dial-up speeds when too many people are trying to stream the latest episode of their favorite program or movie. Fortunately, we fare much better with our two unlimited data cell plans and Max Amp RV booster amp.

There's an interesting comparison of the Maximum Signal Max Amp Mobile and the WeBoost Drive 4G-X cell boosters on the Stormtrack storm chasers forum. I think the following quote covers what is most important to most of us for reliable cell connectivity in adverse conditions:

"Well two things I need to add. Most importantly, I was able to get into a dead zone on Att. The Weboost got me a signal, but not LTE. The Max amp got me LTE. And 3 bars of it. Now I hate to reference bars, but there's no way to know the exact gain since you can't go less than "no signal" db."

stormtrack.org/community/threads/weboost-vs-max-mobile-maximum-signal-test

I have had a Wilson Sleek for over 4 years and using my Verizon service and a Wilson Trucker omni-directional antenna mounted to an extendable pole on my rv ladder.......I have never had a problem getting a signal.

I'm glad your Sleek is working well for you in the places you travel to. I haven't heard anything yet about how well the current Sleek is working under the new FCC requirements. For our usage, the one device at a time Sleek doesn't do what we want in a cell booster amp.

Back
Top Bottom