Champion 75531i 3100/2800 watt inverter generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Circles

Just bought this generator to run my Dometic 13,500 ac unit.  Turn on the ac and the generator kicks off in overload mode.  Shouldn't this  generator be able to run this ac unit easily?  Is it an ac issue or a gerneator issue, what do I check?

Welcome!!

The startup power required for the AC is usually very high compared to the actual running power so the initial power required may be overloading the generator. Most have a set time limit on how long the generator can sustain a short overload and how much wattage. You need to look up the specs for your particular generator and AC to get a better idea.

Depending on the method used to connect the Generator to the RV, there may be some additional 120V loads left on unintentionally thus you may be drawing more watts than expected.

I have the dual fuel model and can run my AC in either fuel. So yes it should. what might push the inverter over the limit would be extra loads like Fridge on electric or Auto, where it goes to electric when it receives voltage also the Water Heater if it where left on electric. in addition dead shorted or really low batteries that start taking a deep charge. lastly your AC unit should be in good working condition maybe a Hard Start Kit Could be added to help from overloading on start up. 

Back
Top Bottom