Changing out the couch in the new rig.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
Well, once you start to mod things you just can't stop! We were never happy with the couch that came in the new rig. The design was cool, but for function in the long haul was not doing it. So of course we changed it!

We found this seating set at a large furniture chain here in town. We weren't looking for "power chairs", but we caught this set on a remarkable sale and couldn't pass them up. The foot rests and the head rests adjust at the touch of a button. They fit the space perfectly and even match the design of the captains chairs up front. I love it when a plan comes together!

Attachments

• IMG_20131218_174750_804.jpg
    IMG_20131218_174750_804.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20131218_174836_119.jpg
    IMG_20131218_174836_119.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20131218_174817_792.jpg
    IMG_20131218_174817_792.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 222
That's all well and good, but where are the in-laws going to sleep?  ;D

Ken

Nice!  Are those recliners? If so, do they have to be pulled away from the wall in order to recline?
I have 2 couches, a jack knife and a hide a bed neither is very comfortable.  I would love to have a recliner or 2 , if like yours.
Did you have much of a problem getting it inside?  My entry door is only 24" wide. My driver door is 30" wide but I'd have to take the seat out; and the steering wheel is going to make that 30" seem a little narrower.
When shopping for your new furniture, did you ave to do alot of thinking and measuring and repeatedly?
I made that mistake once in my stick house where the couch was way too big. I had to pay to deliver it and pay again for them to take it back to the store.

Yep, both power recliners and power headrests as well.  No, you don't have to pull them away, they just sit about 3" from the wall.  Since the backs lift off we just turned the base unit on it's side and in it went.

The only measuring we did was before hand was the width. We had 80" to play with and this unit is about 75" wide, so we had lots of room. We just took a tape measure with us and checked anything we liked. I picked them up in my truck, so no delivery charges.  The neighbor helped me lift the unit into the rig.

Well look at it this way you didn't have to by a new RV just to get the recliners but it was an option. You "RICH" guys buying new RVs a couple of times a year.
Bill

I wouldn't worry about bolting them down. We've traveled over 100,000 miles in the last two coaches with free standing Ekornes recliners (which are not real heavy) with no problems. Also our coach and a lot of coaches have free standing dinette chairs that are not bolted down. I've never heard of any major issues.

ken

Back
Top Bottom