Charge wizard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a standard 1000W/60A, middle-of-the-road converter/charger made by Progressive Dynamics. I don't know if Progressive Dynamics provides OEM parts to any manufacturer.

what does it do? Is it an aftermarket?
It converts 120V alternating current into 12V direct current to supply the 12V systems in your RV and to charge the RV batteries. It might be original to the RV or it could have been a replacement for the original converter. If we knew what year, make, and model your RV is we could probably tell you the answer to your second question. PD9260C
61IjLqBjzVL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Installation and operation guide

Last edited:
Your RV has two power systems: 120V and 12V. Basic the 120V, provided by shore power or generator, runs anything plugged into socket and the 12V runs ceiling lights, thermostat and things with control board, etc.

What you have is 60 amp Progressive Dynamics converter/ 4 stage battery charger. It is critical for your 12V power system and charging house batteries. It converts the shore power or generator 120V to 12V to run the the 12V system (bypass batteries) and to charge your batteries.

Since do not know what RV you have can not say if after market but good converter.

An inverter converts 12V power from house batteries to 120V. The size of the inverter is limited by wire size and distance from batteries and determines what 120V item can be powered (television to house). The higher the amp hours of house batteries determine how long.

The converter likely will not charge your coach starting battery.

Jennifer

Last edited:
I have the same model converter, there is an optional "charge wizard" pendant that connected to the main unit with a modular jack connector (like a landline phone), this pendant lets you override the charge rate, lets you manually set bulk, float, or storage charge rates, it also has an LED indicator that shows the current mode using a blink code (fast / slow blink or solid green light)

So I have this in one of my storage bays.. what does it do? Is it an aftermarket?
Nope, not aftermarket. It is sold by the same company that sells your converter, Progressive Dynamics.

It's an option that I have I used to have in my Y2k RV until I put a much higher capacity (80-amp) lith converter in there.

Charge Wizard.

-Don- Reno, NV

Nope, not aftermarket. It is sold by the same company that sells your converter, Progressive Dynamics.
Not sure what you are saying but our recent after market Progressive Dynamics 4 stage converter/charger came with the charge wizard included.

Jennifer

Not sure what you are saying but our recent after market Progressive Dynamics 4 stage converter/charger came with the charge wizard included.

Jennifer
The newer models from Pro. Dyn. have a built in charge wizard. My older model (like 4 years old when I purchased my current rig 6 months ago) did not have a built in charge wizard unit so I purchased a charge wizard attachment, which are hard to find for older model these days. I could only find a plug in charge wizard directly from Pro. Dyn. I am really glad I did this as described above by Isaac and others...basically for house battery maintenance/over charge prevention so you can keep your rig hooked up to external power all the time and it constantly give one info as describe well above by Isaac.

Last edited:
The newer models from Pro. Dyn. have a built in charge wizard. My older model (like 4 years old when I purchased my current rig 6 months ago) did not have a built in charge wizard
My vague memory agrees with you. Our upgrade was ~1.5 yr. ago. But still can not say if the converter is original or after market since we do not know what RV is nor when RV was obtained by Monarch4me.

I need to consult with DH Dan to see if he is using the Charge Wizard functions and operation while our motorhome is in storage. I know the batteries are being monitored.

Thank you and Isaac for another learning opportunity. :giggle:
Jennifer

It converts 120V alternating current into 12V direct current to supply the 12V systems in your RV and to charge the RV batteries. It might be original to the RV or it could have been a replacement for the original converter. If we knew what year, make, and model your RV is we could probably tell you the answer to your second question. PD9260C
61IjLqBjzVL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Installation and operation guide
2008 Monaco monarch w22 8.1 workhorse

Excellent converter. Unless you are geeky, its probably not worth having the charge wizard. It does allow you to force it into bulk charge mode when it doesn't want to for faster or more complete top off of large battery banks. It has its own programming built into it and the good part is you can leave the RV plugged in all year and not cook or boil your batteries, they will last a long time, longer than normal.

Here is the manual for it

The PD web page for it

A 2008 MH would not have come with that, it is a replacement someone installed

Charles

Last edited:
It is sold both as an after market and as original equipment. the 9200 which isthe one in the root photo has the charge wizard built in the only improvements are the "remote" dongle if you want it and know how to use it (most do not need it) and the 80 amp version if you have enough battery to need it... and againnot all do. thr 60 amp (Shown) is often the better choice.
When I got my Class A it came with a 9180.. Plus the Optional (on that model)Wizard.. I did a lot of research trying to find a better one... Could not. It's as good as it gets. There are some which are in that category the only thing the 9200 or 91+wizard lack is adjustability.

I am not sure about it either, though that seems roughly plausible the previous owner of my coach installed my PD9260 just before I bought it in 2016.

I agree. I believe that the 9200 series was introduced about 2015-17, but can't find anything to document that it comes from memory, which isn't always reliable! :unsure:
I believe the 9200 is older than that.. I believe I came across mention of it on the company web page in 2005 prior to that I did not look.
It's basically identical to a 9100 with the wizard installed which is what I had in 2005

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom