Checking air pressure on my MH Duals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because you mentioned you can't add or release any air I suggest the following:

On one of the outside dually tires that easy to get to try unscrewing the gut and replacing it with a known good one.  The gut is the little thing in the center of the stem with the pin in it.

You can unscrew it with a gut removal tool, actually built into some valve stem caps. When you remove it all the air should rush out of the tire.

Arch. The gut you refer to is called the "Core". Any auto parts store will have the tool to remove/reintsall/adjust the core. They cost about $2.

ChasA said:
Arch. The gut you refer to is called the "Core". Any auto parts store will have the tool to remove/reintsall/adjust the core. They cost about $2.
And BE CAREFUL.  I agree, the valve cores seem bad.  Little kits come with an assortment and the tool.  But when you remove it, keep in mind it's under close to 100 psi pressure, it will take an eye out.  Just be sure to have it protected with a rag. 

Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrWHXfUIrI

And wear a good pair of safety glasses, in case other debris comes out of the valve stem when you remove the core.

spencerpj said:
And BE CAREFUL.  I agree, the valve cores seem bad.  Little kits come with an assortment and the tool.  But when you remove it, keep in mind it's under close to 100 psi pressure, it will take an eye out.  Just be sure to have it protected with a rag. 

Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrWHXfUIrI

Just another quick note, Guys, I guess you feel that it is just a coincidence that the front tire stems are OK and all 4 rear ones are bad (defective).  That will be one heck of a coincidence !!!
Will not attempt to remove core and will be on my way to a tire store today.

Murphcrud said:
Will not attempt to remove core and will be on my way to a tire store today.

Great Plan  :))

PLEASE post their findings  :)  My money is on replacement valve cores  8)

Back
Top Bottom