Class action suit re: Workhorse / Bosch brakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captain bud

Seems as though there is the beginning of legal action regarding the WH brake issue. There is a law firm with a banner on IRV2 canvassing all owners. It will be interesting to see what evolves....

I hope it comes to pass. For those of us that have had to deal with wh and their amb's denial for years, and our many failures, they need to be taken down a notch or two.

For a problem that has been known to exist for as long as 3 and a half years, it would be hard me to call those attorney's 'ambulance chasers'. In a time long, long ago, when I first heard word that a recall was finally going to be announced, I remember joking that I didn't think my MH would be repaired by the end of the year. That turned out to be correct. Then after I received not one but two recall notices from Workhorse over many months, I joked that I didn't think that my MH would be repaired by the end of the year. That turned out to be correct too.

I won't venture to say whether it will actually be repaired by the end of this year, though the odds seem to be against it. "Ambulance chasers"?, not in my book...

Well said Richard, now the latest word from the Workhorse propaganda squad is another 5 months. It looks like another trip to Florida with this sword over my head. I don't know how these ambassadors sleep at night....,

One thing about a class action: As it stands, workhorse owners with models of a particular vintage will be getting new brakes.. IF they do not sign on with the lawyer that is.

But if they sign on with the lawyer the settlement may well just be the cost of the new brake system.. After all, unless actual damage can be proven (And other than the occasional tow bill and of course rotors, I know of no secondary damage claims yet, no death, no injury, not at all like Toyota's many deaths, Also no attempt to cover up, again unlike Toyota)

So Workhorse may be ordered to pay for new brakes.

Then the court decides how much the lawyer gets

And you have to make up the difference when you replace your brakes.

ME... I'm going to wait for Alan to send me a letter, then I'm visiting Joe Panian, and getting my new brakes.. Final cost $0.00.

No attorney fees

John From Detroit said:
Also no attempt to cover up, again unlike Toyota)
No cover up. What rock have you been under. I've been dealing with them( wh and their Paid for amb's) from the git go and for 3 years wh and their amb's were blaming us. Just in a post the other day one of their shops posted they knew of this problems for years. The word still needs to get out there and if it takes a class action then let them go for it. I dont want any money, I want wh held accountable, plain and simple.

Well I have been dealing with them for five years.. When the issue first came to light they forwarded the complaints to the NHTSA and SUGGESTED it might be a maintenance issue.. NHSTA investigated and found it was not a maintenance issue.  Like all government programs this took a while.  but Workhorse sent them all the complaints.

Toyota did not do that,  In fact toyota hired people to HIDE the complaints from NHTSA

That's the differnece.

John From Detroit said:
One thing about a class action: As it stands, workhorse owners with models of a particular vintage will be getting new brakes.. IF they do not sign on with the lawyer that is........

John From Detroit:  I'm sorry, but I must disagree with you on that point.  IMO, and I'm not a lawyer, every chassis identified in the recall WILL be getting 4 "new-design" calipers when they become available...regardless of any actions the owner may have taken.  I don't think a company can issue a recall, and then refuse to accomplish it due to pending litigation. 

Once the recall is active, the affected owners will be requested to have the recall completed at any Workhorse Authorized Service Center (ASC) and the cost for parts and labor to R&R the calipers is to be zero.  I'm pretty sure many of these shops are going to recommend replacing wear items, like pads and rotors, "while we've got it tore down" and many owners are going to agree with that idea.... BUT the owner better get a good estimate of the costs, because those items are not covered by the recall, unless the shop can demonstrate to WCC that these parts were damaged by a defective caliper.
Ed

I would think that Workhorse, as a good will gesture to their customers, would throw in the pads and rotors. I don't think that the cost would be that great if Workhorse bundled the repair as a package and sent us on our merry way. I think that this would assuage some of the tarnished image that is being created by this debacle continuing....Now I'll probably get blasted by Ambassador's again

[quote author=captain bud]....I'll probably get blasted by Ambassador's again[/quote]

Not here.

captain bud said:
I would think that Workhorse, as a good will gesture to their customers, would throw in the pads and rotors. I don't think that the cost would be that great if Workhorse bundled the repair as a package and sent us on our merry way. I think that this would assuage some of the tarnished image that is being created by this debacle continuing....Now I'll probably get blasted by Ambassador's again
I dont think you'll get that here or any other site except the workhorse site. Here they let the "truth" chips fall where they may. Remember those 2 amb's on the other site get paid and IMO the better wh looks, the more mh's they sell, the more trips those amb's get to travel on wh(or our dime) dime. Based on ford's 75% plus market share on rv's , the travling might be down a bit.

[quote author=sheltie]It was directed at Tom and I hope he understands.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I have no clue.

Captain Bud,where is that banner with the stuff about a class action suit at over on the other site? I can't find it

CE604: I just checked and it looks like it has been pulled.If you want to check go the forums and then to Workhorse it was over the thread "who recieved payments for their brakes?

Capt Bud, You have alot more support on the other site than you know. Thanks for telling it like it is and not caving to the amb's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom