Clueless Wanderer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Everyone,

Looks like introductions are in order...

I'm Dottie.  I've owned an RV a total of three days now.  1998 Fleetwood Bounder.

I've been dreaming of going off the grid for years.  This was the last step.  My first idea was to build a Schoolie.  Turns out I'm too impatient to build.  The Bounder Bunny showed up in a moment of weakness and my desire to be mobile over-rode any other thought.  And I'm pretty sure I found one of those rare gems I've read about here that us Newbie's never find.  We'll see how wise this investment was shortly. 

You guys will most likely start seeing lots of rather stupid questions popping up in the Newbie section.  (There's currently one about me trying to locate the City Water Supply!)  I greatly appreciate you guys humoring us Newbie's.  I'm not sure I would have attempted this latest chapter in my life if it weren't for places like this and people like you.

Hi Dottie and welcome. Stop with the stupid question thing. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Asking questions is the only reason for forums to exist online. 90% of the people who read this forum are too shy to register and ask their stupid questions because they think they are going to be laughed at. So any question you ask is being asked in the minds of many other people. Ask away. That is how all of us learned.

DottieMcWobbleston said:
My first idea was to build a Schoolie.   

Welcome to the forum. As Tom said, feel free to ask away with any question no matter how small it may seem to you. Remember, we've all been exactly where you are right now and we survived. Unfortunately for me, I had to learn by trial and error because I wasn't aware of this site.
Oh, what's a Schoolie?  Is it a converted bus?

I Googled it and came up with:  Schoolies Week is a three week graduation festival celebrated by Year 12 school leavers from every corner of Australia. Schoolies week celebrations usually take place during the first 3 weeks following graduation starting in Mid November.

Thanks for the kind welcome. 

I think my stupidity when it comes to RV's is laughable.  So I laugh.  I'm not at all concerned with public reaction to my stupid questions.  My need for knowledge overrides any other self conscious thought.  Besides, If I'm not comfortable sounding stupid on a computer screen in front of complete strangers, I've got bigger issues.

A Schoolie is exactly that!  I bought a 35' Blue Bird School Bus last June.  I gutted her, patched holes, sealed the shell, foam insulated, and started framing the interior when my labor force dried up on me.  (Divorce, lol)  Brutus the Bus is going to go into storage while I drive around for a bit.  I may finish her one day, but I'll pay someone else to do it. 

Maybe we should call them "Ignorant Questions"?  We were all lacking in knowledge at the beginning of our RV life, and asking questions is how we all learn what we don't know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom