Coach-net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsevans

We got a free year with coach net does anyone have any complaints or advice on this company have not had to use it but I figured people on here has any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Tony

Generally speaking, this company gets top marks for service whenever the subject comes up on this forum. I have no personal experience however. They also have  a good technical advise service included.

We have 'em, but have never needed them.  The nice thing is that they cover ALL of your vehicles, not just the trailer/MH.  I, too, would like to hear about any experiences. 

Everything I've ever read here about Coach-Net has been overwhelmingly positive.  They have actual RV techs that answer roadside assistance calls, and can diagnose/fix many issues over the phone.  If you do need a tow or other service, their response has been equal/better than other companies that offer the same services.  You'll be in good shape for the next year!  :)

Used them for tire flats and lockout. Excellent service from CN's personnel and from 3rd party providers. Friends and acquaintances have used them, including an 80-mile motorhome tow, all with positive comments. The only issue I've had was verifying membership (on phone), until we realized the account was in my wife's name; Issue solved pretty quickly.

Have had 3 instances of use with Coachnet ... none major, like a mh tow thankfully. 

#1 - My Toyota 4 Runner died in town, they sent a tow truck in a reasonable amount of time.

#2 - Christmas eve, last minute run to store ... stopped to get gas.  Getting out of truck noticed key was bent a little ... without thinking attempted to straighten key.  Yup, broke in two.  So there I sat at the gas pump, window open, a breezy 40 degrees or so.  No problem, will get neighbor to pick up keys from wife and run them over ... ah ... so that is why she'd been borrowing mine lately, couldn't find her's!  Called Coachnet and understandably they were having trouble finding a locksmith on Christmas eve.  Choice was # 1 could be there in 30 minutes, however wanted $200 to make a new key (Christmas eve remember) ...  Or wait about 2 hours or so, $25 to make the key.  I opted to wait and he came and gave me 2 new keys for $25.

#3 - In Minnesota with mh and a lingering thumping in front end had gotten worse.  It took them a little while, and as the rep said "after many phone calls" found a shop about 20 miles away who could take a look at it.  The shop did what I considered a very thorough inspection and traced it to the right front tire. 

The first two incidents were in home territory where I would be able to track down the necessary service.  The third in Minnesota was very valuable as I was north of Minneapolis and had no idea of where appropriate service would be.  So besides towing, the rep's resources over the phone can be very valuable also.

I have been happy with Coach net.

Howard

I give it a 10 star rating.  Have used it 4 times, as late as two weeks ago, and each time the needed service was provided quickly and I never saw a bill for their service, only that of the repair agency.  Believe me, in my two years with them, they have put out almost double of what I have paid in premiums.  Go for it.

1 - tire repair in the wilds of Canada - 3 hour service
2 - towing for 50 miles - tranny blown
3-  AC compressor blown - sent tech out who fixed in 3 hours
4- tire repair - two flat and ruined tires on left rear.  Brought out new tires and replaced - 2.5 hours.

Bill

They offer several services including basic, premium, hazard protect (tires), RV protect (coach).  Go go www.coach-net.com to see the particulars.

I have tried several time to speak with some about the coach warranty but the people who answer the phone didn't even know they offered it. So they take my name and number tell me they will have someone call me but never do I have tried several times since early may still no call. At least I got a price and spoke with a knowledgeable rep at Good Sam and they cover everything including chassis.

AFAIK Coach-net doesn't offer a warranty package.

RockyFarmer said:
I have tried several time to speak with some about the coach warranty but the people who answer the phone didn't even know they offered it. So they take my name and number tell me they will have someone call me but never do I have tried several times since early may still no call. At least I got a price and spoke with a knowledgeable rep at Good Sam and they cover everything including chassis.

Be very careful on any extended warranty program.  From experience they tend to have more exemptions than coverages.  Just saying.

Bill

[quote author=Bill N]Tom they do now have something they call RV Protect an extended warranty package.[/quote]

Thanks Bill. I stand corrected.

I've been a CoachNet customer for over a decade and yes I have used them.  Whether it's my pickup, tow vehicle or motorcycle I'm covered.  I even used them once when I had a mechanical issue in a tanker up here in Wyoming.  They couldn't provide assistance because I was in a commercial vehicle but the help desk did point me in the correct direction.

They're well worth the money and I don't hesitate to recommend them.

We also received a free 1 year membership to Coach-Net as part of our recent used TT purchase.  The technician at the RV sales outfit, who did our delivery walkthrough, raved about them.  He highly recommended that we consider maintaining the membership and that he'd used his several times over the years - the expenses he have otherwise incurred for roadside and towing service paid for his membership 10x over. 

We like knowing we have the coverage and will likely maintain the membership... all while hoping we never have to use it.

Coach-net is not "warranty" coverage... It is roadside assistance.  Good Sam offers that too.  AND they separately offer extended service plans that cover repair costs of certain mechanical problems.

Extended warranties are basically insurance coverage.  There's a good chance you may never need it (or it won't cover the cost of purchase) which the issuing company is betting on.  There are many previous conversations on extended warranty options and opinions, if you want to check out the Search page.  Here's a recent example.

freestoneangler said:
We like knowing we have the coverage and will likely maintain the membership... all while hoping we never have to use it.

If you have something called an RV, believe me, you will eventually use that Coach Net membership.

Back
Top Bottom