coachman aurora or fleetwood southwind - any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwshark

Hi, I am looking at 2 class A motorhomes in the new jersey area.  both are used and similar in price.  1 is a 2006 coachman aurora 3480 double slide out ford chassis 6.6L v10 7700 miles.  the other is a 2004 fleetwood southwind 36b triple slide out workhorse chassis and engine 8.1L, 18000 miles.  I have heard a few negatives about the workhorse.  (this is a few $$$ cheaper as it is a 2004) any comments on either would be appreciated.  Again, new to this forum stuff!!  and RVing.  This will be my 1st.  51 yrs old!!  Thanks.

Generally I like the Southwind over the Coachman product, but the 2 years makes a difference. The 2006 Ford chassis is an excellent one, while the 04 Workhorse did have its brake and axle seal issues (probably corrected on that one by now, though).

Is this the Aurora you are looking at, by any chance? If so, nice looking rig!
http://www.rvusa.com/rvs/new-jersey/white-horse-rv-center/2006-coachmen-aurora-class-a-109256

From what I have read (or misunderstood!!) Freightliner and brake problems are still a long way from being resolved in an acceptable manner and in many cases.

I wonder if there is an easy way (other than the famous recall notice) to determine if a given machine has the (potential) problem of the Bosch brakes.

This is one reason to go with the Ford chassis at this point. And YES, that is a very nice coach Gary!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom