Coffee Pot Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super8mm

Inquiring minds wonder where do folks keep their coffee pot while traveling?  :-\

on the counter, in a cabinet, in the sink?

We stick ours in the same cabinet as the waste basket goes .... the coffee pot/machine slides to the back.  The empty waste basket with a new liner sits in front of it.  Upon arrival - the machine/pot comes out, gets washed and wiped down and placed on the counter.  It stays there until we get ready to move again.  The width and depth of the cupboard makes it a perfect fit.

Ours sits on what Bounder calls a "hutch" on a piece of that "sticky mat" shelf liner.  When traveling, I just turn it sideways.  When the slide is closed , the side of the slide holds it in place. 

We have a piece of the rubber type non slip cabinet liner on the cabinet. Our Keurig coffee pot has sat right there for almost 60,000 miles. It is on the very forward end  of the counter and back to the wall.

Ours just stayed on the countertop, sitting on  a piece of non-skid shelf liner. Whether that is practical or not depends on the location and the individual RV. Some RVs bounce around more than others, and some countertop locations are more subject to movement than others.  The closer to the centerline, the less tendency to move as the RV lurches.

Thanks guys, I have been carrying it in the original box in a lower cabinet but I know the box wont last forever, I may try the non-skid rubber today on my 366 mi journey. 

Ours goes back in the cabinet after every use, so it's already stored for travel when we hit the road.

dabrooks said:
We have a piece of the rubber type non slip cabinet liner on the cabinet. Our Keurig coffee pot has sat right there for almost 60,000 miles. It is on the very forward end  of the counter and back to the wall.

Yep, that's how I do it too.  Stays in place.

We have an under counter coffee maker mounted over the kitchen table.

Richard

my keurig lives in the cabinet over the sink
although it often rides in the sink

I have down low on my project list, to explore these nonskid pads.  I'm just reluctant because i know the think will go flying if I ever do a panic stop.  Thinking of finding some molding to glue down to the counter to make a little rail for it, or better yet screw down a little angle bracket or make a hold down dog.  It'll take some thinking though to make sure I put it in just the right place...

For now, and maybe forever, it'll ride in the cabinet or the sink

We had an under the counter coffee pot for years. Stopped working about 2 years ago. We have not been able to find a new under the counter model. We put the new one back into the box and under the table.

Our Keurig also resides in a cabinet over the sink.  Since we only use it in the morning there is no reason to leave it out taking up limited counter space.  I use a big rubber band and 2 cup hooks screwed into the cabinet to hold it in place while traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisserv
Back
Top Bottom