Cold continues: No warming in sight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.... the people who think New Mexico is part of Mexico and not a state in the US

So that's why they didn't ask for our passports when we visited Bob and Bev in Belen, NM  ???

Tom said:
So that's why they didn't ask for our passports when we visited Bob and Bev in Belen, NM  ???

They let you leave New Mexico and come back in the US with that accent and no passport?? Border Patrol should be ashamed.

Wendy
Blythe CA (which I'm not sure is in the US either)

wendycoke said:
Wendy
Blythe CA (which I'm not sure is in the US either)

Wendy:

According to the 2000 Census 45% of Blythe's legal citizens are Hispanic and the population has grown 40% since then. ::) ::)

They did Wendy, but I was puzzled when Bob said my pesos were no good there  ???

Ron said:
Probably because they do not teach Geography in schools anymore. 

Ron,
Having just spent  33 years in Public Education I can assure you they do teach geography in the schools.
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Ron,
Having just spent  33 years in Public Education I can assure you they do teach geography in the schools.
Betty

They may think they are teaching Geography but it appears it is not being learned for some reason. ;D

wendycoke said:
What about all the people who think New Mexico is part of Mexico and not a state in the US? Sheesh.

I guess that's why New Mexico's license plate says New Mexico, USA.

LOL

I spoike to a cruise  consultant yesterday who said he was in South Dakota - I always ask since the off-shoring business - He said the weather was nothing but white stuff as far as the eye could see and well below zero degrees and,  according to the weather forecast -  they were heading for a 'cold snap'

Silly me, I thought zero was 'snappy' enough.  Just to rub it in, I described our (San Diego) cloudless blue skies and low to mid 70s.

BT

wendycoke said:
What about all the people who think New Mexico is part of Mexico and not a state in the US? Sheesh.

Wendy: 

We've run into more than a few people who think Maine is in Canada.  They were surprised when we told them it is the most eastern state in the US.  ::)

Daisy

Daisy said:
They were surprised when we told them it is the most eastern state in the US.  ::)

Daisy

"Technically" Alaska is the eastern most state. Part of it is across the international date line.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Alaska is both the most eastern and western of the 50 states.  Makes for a good bar bet :)

Ned said:
Alaska is both the most eastern and western of the 50 states.  Makes for a good bar bet :)

ned:

I'll bite. I show Lubec Maine at 69.1W and Eastern Alaska at 141W?????

Check the tip of the Aleutian Islands, 173E.  You owe me one :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sieldenchannel
Back
Top Bottom