Coleman A/C Fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bainer1290

I have a 77 Winnebago with 2 Coleman A/C's a Mach I and a Mach III. The back one works good but the front A/C fan does not kick in unless I give it a spin with my hand before turning it on, then it works fine. The motor spins easily and does not make any sounds to make me think it is the problem, but I could be wrong. I removed the top cover and took a look at the capacitors, there are 3 of them and a relay. I swapped the Fan capacitor 7.5 MFD 370v with the same one from the rear A/C and it still won't start by itself. According to the wiring diagram there is a larger Run Capacitor 30 MFD, a round Start Capacitor and a Start Relay but these look like they are for the compressor? Attached is the wiring diagram...

Any advice or anything else to check?

Thanks

Attachments

• ColemanAC.jpeg
    ColemanAC.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 5
The cap you changed out is the one for the fan the other two are for the compressor. To check and see if the start winding is out of the motor spin the motor backwards and see if it runs backwards when you turn it on if it does the start (cap winding) winding is out if it stops and tries to go the right direction the bearings are dragging and the motor needs to be replaced.

Denny

Denny

Thank you for the help. So I just tried spinning it backwards and yes it does kick in and pick up speed going the wrong direction so then the start winding is out. How do I repair the start winding?

I'm sorry to say but the motor needs to be replaced.

Denny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom